Options

Took 640-802

JammywanksJammywanks Member Posts: 127
Well crap I failed at 709 this time around.

I got :
100% on Implementing NAT and ACL's.
100% on Security threats and how to mitigate those threats
33% on Config/verify and troubleshooting switch with VLANS and interswitch communications.
31% on basic router operation. (WTF I studied this stuff)
The list goes on.

I'm mad frustrated at how Preplogic and my Measureup sample CD exam doesn't cover ANYTHING on preset switch labs and challenging questions on troubleshooting.

I'm finding a lot of trouble locating switch topology labs that are misconfigured and ask you to configure them.

Preplogic question set are way too easy. "What does a router do?" type of crap. Measureup exams however ask challenging questions.

I need way better study material. Bright spark's CCNA gateway is ok. Anyone else know of other sites with good diagrams for switch troubleshooting? Dynamips will never support switch emulation. Sure I could create a lab with switches that I have, but I don't feel its enough to cover random problems to troubleshoot.

I also ran out of time again (****) so I gotta read faster or something. I'm just going nuts that I didn't pass it for the second time (failed 640-801 (@796) and now 802) icon_sad.gif
CCNA Lab: Two 1720's, one 2520, two 2924XL switches
[IPCop box] PIII 1GHz | 512MB RAM | 1 Gig Compact Flash HD
Errors in your CCNA text book? Never mind, the authors don't care.

Comments

• Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Try the Chris Bryant material, I used it for the CCNA and passed on the first attempt. It taught you everything you need to learn to pass the test.
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Did you read the Cisco Press CCNA Certification Library by Odom? Did you read the 6th edition of the Sybex book?

What did you use for hands on practice for the hands-on tasks in the exam blueprint? Real hardware lab? Boson Simulator?
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    MBashiMBashi Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Jammywanks wrote:
    Well crap I failed at 709 this time around.

I am sorry, but Ihave failed this last month too. I am still not sure wich material is best for me to study.
    I got :
    100% on Implementing NAT and ACL's.
    100% on Security threats and how to mitigate those threats
    33% on Config/verify and troubleshooting switch with VLANS and interswitch communications.
    31% on basic router operation. (WTF I studied this stuff)
    The list goes on.

I'm mad frustrated at how Preplogic and my Measureup sample CD exam doesn't cover ANYTHING on preset switch labs and challenging questions on troubleshooting.

I'm finding a lot of trouble locating switch topology labs that are misconfigured and ask you to configure them.

Preplogic question set are way too easy. "What does a router do?" type of crap. Measureup exams however ask challenging questions.

I need way better study material. Bright spark's CCNA gateway is ok. Anyone else know of other sites with good diagrams for switch troubleshooting? Dynamips will never support switch emulation. Sure I could create a lab with switches that I have, but I don't feel its enough to cover random problems to troubleshoot.

I also ran out of time again (****) so I gotta read faster or something. I'm just going nuts that I didn't pass it for the second time (failed 640-801 (@796) and now 802) icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    miller811 wrote:
    Try the Chris Bryant material, I used it for the CCNA and passed on the first attempt. It taught you everything you need to learn to pass the test.

I agree... the Chris Bryant is what I'm using currently! Its awesome stuff... Keep it up man, you'll get it the next time.

~Peanut Head
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    flipmadflipmad Member Posts: 184
    Have you thought about splitting the exam in two?