Options

What your favorite Band?

pwjohnstonpwjohnston Member Posts: 441
I know it's kind of juvenile, but I feel like that today. List your favorite band, band(s), composers, artist, dj, rapper, producer, etc. I'm always interested in hearing what other people listen to.

Comments

• Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Disciple, Flyleaf and Plumb right now.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    hettyhetty Member Posts: 394
    I love nothing better than going to a Lithuanian polka 'gig' to rock on! JK! icon_lol.gif

Oasis, Coldplay, Feeder, Foo Fighters many more but im not really a true rocker.
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Led Zeppelin
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I really enjoy most if not all music. However, by trade im a metal head, and if I had to choose just one band, Metallica takes the cake. I also enjoy playing their music as well.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Chevelle and Breaking Benjamin right now. My all time favorite band is Metallica when they were in their prime (not the current Metallica). And Justice for All, Black Album, Master of Puppets, etc...
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'm in the same vein as royal and snadam. I love metal, but most of the new stuff sucks. I liked the fantasy elements, epic solos, etc. that were present in old Metallica, Iron Maiden, Ozzy, etc. That's hard to find nowadays. I don't keep up with pop or rap, and I listen to Paul Oakenfold or something similar while I'm studying.
  • Options
    rfult001rfult001 Member Posts: 407
    Dream Theater, Opeth, Iron Maiden...well, I could go on. Jamming out to Alamaaliman Vasarat right now.
  • Options
    SchluepSchluep Member Posts: 346
    I enjoy classical music. There are so many pieces I like that it is hard to choose, but if I had to pick a favorite composer would be probably be Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, though he has a lot of close seconds (especially Vivaldi/Beethoven/Handel).

For some situatins I like different types of music however such as Gonna Fly Now or Eye of the Tiger from Rocky if I am going to be exercising.
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    In the classical genre I would have to go for Rachmaninov. Fun stuff to listen to and fun stuff to play!
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    I also used to play the guitar and I loved playing Metallica songs. I do listen to a little hip hop here and there, but 95% of the time it's rock/metal.
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ok Royal, dynamik, we are jamming out if we ever in the same place at the same time! None of my friends have been playing as long as me, nor do they like the same music. I got forced into a dave matthews cover band icon_rolleyes.gif , drove me nuts but I got to play with other people...

I should specify, I also think that 1983-1991 metallica was what I was referring to, but Id figure that was a given.

Im also a large fan of the old school thrashers coming out with new albums recently like exodus, and Testament

some of my fav bands other than Metallica: Pantera, slayer, Alice in Chains, Godsmack, Five Finger Death Punch (new but good), Hatebreed, Tool, Ozzy, Rob/White Zombie, Cavalera Conspiracy (although its not quite sepultura) is a great band. Man the list goes on

Non metal:

old school west coast rap like snoop dre NWA etc. I like some of that dirty south, but not most of it. Most if not all RAP nowadays is garbage. I am a big fan of Mr Johnny Cash which seems out of place, but I really enjoy his music. Old School Weezer was good too. Pretty much any 90's rock (not alternative) I also enjoy.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    bikeandskibikeandski Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My all time favorite band is Van Halen.

I love old school Metallica. I'm also a huge Tool fan, let's see what else... I'm also a long time guitar player so I love Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Steve Morse, Jimi Hendrix, Gary Moore, Eric Johnson, Paul Gilbert, etc.
  • Options
    Snadam, you and I are twins. The rap that I do like is Dre, Snoop, NWA, and all the old school stuff. I don't really listen to it much anymore (sometimes I do), but I listened to it a lot back in high school. I also do like Johnny Cash. This is pretty funny. :)
  • Options
    supertechCETmasupertechCETma Member Posts: 377
    Return to Forever
    Mahavishnu Orchestra
    Weather Report
    icon_cool.gif
    Electronic Technicians Association-International www.eta-i.org
    The Fiber Optic Association www.thefoa.org
    Home Acoustics Alliance® http://www.homeacoustics.net/
    Imaging Science Foundation http://www.imagingscience.com/
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Woah thats a hard one, there's so much music i love its hard to say. mine are probably all the common one's though!!!....The stones, who, stone roses, pink floyd, the jam, doors, foo's, nirvana, hendrix, ,cream/clapton, some pixies, clash, not forgetting the beatles!!!! oasis (which i grew upto), the smiths, new order, joy division, radiohead, the la's and many many more.

...my mate has over 5000 lp's and cd's icon_eek.gif you should see his collection....
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    sys_tecksys_teck Member Posts: 130 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Band i'm listening:

goth/symphonic metal: epica, nightwish, after forewer, ellis. sins of thy beloved, virgin black, ect <mostly from Europe> Dream Theater, porcupine Three, Thoughts chamber, symphony X

Clasica: vivaldi, Chopin, Beethoveen, Mozart, Rachmaninov

Trance: Armin Van Buuren, ATB, Rank1, Above & beyond, Matt Darey.

these are just 10%
    working on CCNA
  • Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    See a lot of prog rock fans on here. However, I just can't do the latest Dream Theater stuff. They seemed to have hit a wall creatively, or maybe the prog metal genre is just exhausted, I'm not sure.

Favorite bands of today: Tool, Radiohead, Muse (I've seen a lot of concerts in my lifetime, but these guys are the best EVAR!), The Mars Volta (you prog metal fans, these guys are the future!), Thrice, Say Anything, The Apex Theory, Bright Eyes, Silverchair, anything with Chris Thile (getting more into progressive bluegrass), and Outkast

Bands from the past I enjoy but don't really like their newer stuff: Rush, Dream Theater, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Yes, Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam...

Since I play piano, I love good piano based music, and I'm a complete sucker for chicks on pianos, too. Ex. Tori Amos, Fiona Apple, Rachael Yamagata, Charlotte Martin...
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    Nine Inch Nails - since Trent Reznor hooked his Mac classic up to a minimoog and emulator II in 1987 I've been a huge fan, and have a great respect for him as a business person (hey, his latest albums are all free) and 'technologist'. I think he's one of the few people in music who is sincere in his lyrics and writes good songs. He is also very smart technologically - from producing and programming to engineering.

I've seen them live 5-6 times and the live shows really seem to convey Trent's music and lyrics.

New album was released today in lossless, mp3, and all the master tracks are given away under creative commons. His music isn't for everyone, but it's very diverse and I think it is respectible even if you don't like keyboards, drum machines, and guitars :)
  • Options
    AlanJamesAlanJames Member Posts: 230
    Kaiser Chiefs is the best band i've ever seen live! really fun. Linkin Park is pretty good, and I'm a big faithless fan :)

My Gf got me into a lot of old school music, such as the Beatles, Eric Clapton :D
  • Options
    ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    Pink Floyd, Zepplin, Metallica.
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Favorite all time band for me is Iron Maiden...and I get to see them play a sick set in June! Right now, I'm really digging O.A.R., Live at Madison Square Garden. Other than that, jamrock is pretty good too.....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    OK! Brace yourselves! This is going to come as a total shock! My favorite band is Megadeth! icon_lol.gif

So, maybe not that much of a shock. I like most metal, even the cheesy power metal, like Dragonforce.

I guess I'm another guitarist on this forum, I didn't realize we had so many on this forum.
  • Options
    Kent04Z16Kent04Z16 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Without a doubt IRON MAIDEN!! If you like old school 80's metal style metal there isn't much now a days to choose from here in the US. But Europe still has great meatl bands. Check out these 2 bands BRAINSTORM (German) or Lechery (Sweden). Both are on Myspace.....
  • Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Kent04Z16 wrote:
    Without a doubt IRON MAIDEN!! If you like old school 80's metal style metal there isn't much now a days to choose from here in the US. But Europe still has great meatl bands. Check out these 2 bands BRAINSTORM (German) or Lechery (Sweden). Both are on Myspace.....

I liked Iron Miaden up until "can i play with madness" after that they went down hill.Same deal with metalica after the black album they went to shite.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    Agreed, although Load did have a few good songs.

The best analogy for Metallica I've heard is Load was the first shotgun blast to their career. Reload finished the job. icon_lol.gif
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    HeroPsycho wrote:
    Agreed, although Load did have a few good songs.

The best analogy for Metallica I've heard is Load was the first shotgun blast to their career. Reload finished the job. icon_lol.gif

So what was St. Anger? Dragging the corpse of their career behind a monster truck?

I thought the symphony collaboration was pretty cool though.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    OK! Brace yourselves! This is going to come as a total shock! My favorite band is Megadeth! icon_lol.gif

So, maybe not that much of a shock. I like most metal, even the cheesy power metal, like Dragonforce.

I guess I'm another guitarist on this forum, I didn't realize we had so many on this forum.

I never heard of Dragonforce until GH3....definitely a kickass song though....

Did MD get back together, or is it still just Dave and Company touring as Megadeth?......All I need is Peace Sells and I'm happy.....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    So what was St. Anger? Dragging the corpse of their career behind a monster truck?

I don't know, but it's the best metaphorical argument for euthanasia EVAR! icon_lol.gif

*preparing to be flamed*

Please have a sense of humor...
    Good luck to all!