What your favorite Band?

Comments

• snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    royal wrote:
    Snadam, you and I are twins. The rap that I do like is Dre, Snoop, NWA, and all the old school stuff. I don't really listen to it much anymore (sometimes I do), but I listened to it a lot back in high school. I also do like Johnny Cash. This is pretty funny. :)

wow, erie icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif

I cant believe I forgot megadeth too! Thier older stuff is great. They might have peaked with youthinasia, but Im bad with albums with them so I dont know.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
    HeroPsycho wrote:
    dynamik wrote:
    So what was St. Anger? Dragging the corpse of their career behind a monster truck?

I don't know, but it's the best metaphorical argument for euthanasia EVAR! icon_lol.gif

*preparing to be flamed*

Please have a sense of humor...

no, your right. St. Anger was trash. I was conned into buying that album and I refuse to put that on my computer for storage... icon_redface.gif

anything after the black album was pretty damn bad...
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

• Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Ricka182 wrote:
    OK! Brace yourselves! This is going to come as a total shock! My favorite band is Megadeth! icon_lol.gif

So, maybe not that much of a shock. I like most metal, even the cheesy power metal, like Dragonforce.

I guess I'm another guitarist on this forum, I didn't realize we had so many on this forum.

I never heard of Dragonforce until GH3....definitely a kickass song though....

Did MD get back together, or is it still just Dave and Company touring as Megadeth?......All I need is Peace Sells and I'm happy.....

yeah, MD is back together, just came out with a new CD not too long ago. It's not as good as their older stuff (IMO) but is far better than Risk.

Funny, my brother in-law never heard of Dragonforce until he came over my house and played GH3 with me... He actually did ask me if that was a real band or not... Which, I've been listening to them long before GH3 came out, so I have 2 CDs from them, and had to show my brother in-law before he would believe me.... Then came the question... "Are all their songs that fast?"

A ton of their stuff is that fast.... Kinda Crazy.
  • intelzeeintelzee Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Rammstein, (Germin) i love them thay are really good!
    look look!!!! its a train!!
    EdTheLad wrote:
    Kent04Z16 wrote:
    Without a doubt IRON MAIDEN!! If you like old school 80's metal style metal there isn't much now a days to choose from here in the US. But Europe still has great meatl bands. Check out these 2 bands BRAINSTORM (German) or Lechery (Sweden). Both are on Myspace.....

I liked Iron Miaden up until "can i play with madness" after that they went down hill.Same deal with metalica after the black album they went to shite.

I hate that damn song...ironically, I just heard minutes to midnight on the radio.

• NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    B r i t n e y S p e a r s icon_eek.gif............................ (JUST KIDDING!)

My list includes the likes of: Transplants, Disturbed, ICP, Twiztid, pretty much any techno (Oakenfold, Underworld, Van Buren, Fatboy Slim). I like some hip hop, Rock, Metal....I'm game for Pretty much anything but country.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • TalicTalic Member Posts: 423
    I would say Dry Kill Logic is my favorite band but Mercenary, In Flames, All That Remains, Daysend come up pretty close behind. I probably like some other bands but those are pretty much what I know off the top of my head right now. Heres a link for my favorite radio station, they play some pretty good music. http://www.chronixradio.com/index.php The top listen button gives you the main station.

As for modern rock sucking, I highly disagree. Theres plenty of bands out there that are just as good as the older stuff, you just need to give them a chance and listen to them. That radio station gives you a pretty good taste of all of them.

Also DragonForce icon_lol.gif they always give me a good laugh everytime I hear about them
  • sir_creamy_sir_creamy_ Inactive Imported Users Posts: 298
    I enjoy the easy listening of the wu-tang clan and I invite everyone to enter the 36 chambers.
    Bachelor of Computer Science

[Forum moderators are my friends]
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    Back to the Metallica thing, all bands eventually die out. I love Rush, but their last album was awful. Well, it wasn't terrible music so much that it was unremarkable and boring.
    Good luck to all!
  • mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
    I enjoy the easy listening of the wu-tang clan and I invite everyone to enter the 36 chambers.

Wu Tang is the sh*t, but Nas is the king of HipHop.

Although rap ain't the same as it used to be. Everyone's too commercial anymore.
    Working on Linux+
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Senses Fail, Boys Night Out, Valencia,Say Anything, The Bled, The Spill Canvas, I could go on :P
    Talic wrote:
    As for modern rock sucking, I highly disagree. Theres plenty of bands out there that are just as good as the older stuff, you just need to give them a chance and listen to them. That radio station gives you a pretty good taste of all of them.

I think most modern rap sucks. New modern Rock is great too, but I think it depends what you grew up listening to. I have sirius and I listen to ch. 27 'hard attack'. They play all kinds of metal, most of which I like. Definitely broadened my horizons musically. Very good metal station!

• draineydrainey Member Posts: 261
    Most of the better 80's rock/metal bands. Big Crue fan, but that's probably cause I'm a drummer and Tommy Lee kicked @$$ in his prime. I really like Yngwie Malmsteen also (surprised he wasn't mentioned by any of the guitartists).

Big blues fan also. Stevie Ray Vaughn, Anthony Gomes, Jimmy D. Lane

Really old school rap. RunDMC, LLCoolJ (early stuff), etc.

Yanni's good when I just want to chill.
    The irony truly is strange that you're the only one you can change. -- Anthony Gomes
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    A wide range of music for my part. I certainly enjoy classical music and amongst other artists, Robert Palmer's work.
  • TalicTalic Member Posts: 423
    snadam wrote:
    Talic wrote:

I think most modern rap sucks. New modern Rock is great too, but I think it depends what you grew up listening to. I have sirius and I listen to ch. 27 'hard attack'. They play all kinds of metal, most of which I like. Definitely broadened my horizons musically. Very good metal station!

That sounds about right, I've only really heard "new rock/metal sucks" from old people, so its probably a old person thing :P

I agree with modern rap, can't stand the stuff. Doesn't give me any incentive to try to listen to the old stuff either. Not sure why some people that like metal also like rap, they are two totally different types of music. Maybe its something about the "I like and listen to everything" attitude that seems to be going around I guess.
  • c0d3_w0lfc0d3_w0lf Member Posts: 117
    I'm into mostly extreme metal (I even play in an extreme metal band called Gates of Enoch), but I love all music as long as it's good.

Some favorites include: Emperor, Opeth, Symphony X, Ayreon, Ulver (!!!), Sunn, Porcupine Tree (kudos to the other person who mentioned them! Steve Wilson is a genius!), Arcturus, Kamelot, Muse, Dream Theater, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Helloween, Iron Maiden, Torchbearer, Finntroll (how can you NOT love Finnish polka-metal??), Lord Belial, Immortal...

I could really go on forever. "Favorite" isn't something that exists for me when it comes to music, because there's just too much out there that's completely amazing.
    There is nothing that cannot be acheived.
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I like a huge range of music. I always tell people that I like any music that has a band or actual music (for example a lot of rap, opera, big time oldies). The only exception is country.

There aren't my favorites just random music that is popping into my head. I don't have a favorite.

Metal: Alice in chains, Slipknot, Pantera, Mudvayne

Rock: Breaking Benjamin, Gorillaz, Godsmack, Flaw

Light rock: Tonic, Everclear, Everlast, Collective Soul, Silverchair

Classic rock: Eagles, The Doors, Moody Blues, Fleetwood Mac, Journey, Doobie Brothers

Oldies: Bad Company, Mamas and Papas, Pointer sisters, Becah Boys

Fantasy/Techno: Nightwish, Symphony X, Jangli Jaggas, Lords of Acid

Rap/Rock: Hed PE, 311, POD, Limp Bizkit, Cypress Hill

Rap: Ludacris, Ciara, Dr. Dre, DMX, Petey Pablo, lil jon, Vanilla Ice!

Classical: I enjoy this genre but I usually don't get to listen to them much

My favorite music is power music. Bands like Sevendust, and songs like Brother from dark new day. Songs that really have a lot of power and feeling in them.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • CabbageThe1CabbageThe1 Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Seether all the way!!! bowing.gif

Disturbed, God Smack any other bands like that. For all of my none english needs Rammstein. Creed is good and so are The Goo Goo Dolls. Heck Screw naming bands I'm just a music lover anything that sounds good to me is awesome.

All I ask is that the repetitive mexican music stays at the border!! *Gaaaaa....my ears are bleeding, make it stop* icon_mad.gif
    If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style!
  • Link64bitLink64bit Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Lets see here I like The Beatles, AC/DC, Apocolyptica, Metallica, Weird Al, Voltaire, ZREO, Game Over, The Black Mages, Blue Oyster Cult, Iron Maiden and more but I'm just too lazy to list more.
    I am he who is not lost to the world, but rather he who percieves the world lost.
  • bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My all time favorite is R.E.M. Their latest CD (Accelerate) is easily their best since Bill Berry left the group. If you liked them in the 80s and early 90s, check it out.

The band that I've listened to the most over the past 6 years is Interpol.

Muse is another great band now, and very good live, but I'm a bit disappointed in their use of prerecorded segments. If they picked up a few support musicians to pick up the extra instruments during live performances, I'd like them more.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    It would be sacrilege for me to name any band other than The Beatles.

withthebeatles.gif
    JDMurray wrote:
    It would be sacrilege for me to name any band other than The Beatles.

withthebeatles.gif

isint that kind of a given?

• jarjarjarjar Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

(I think that word means what I think it means)

Beatles (though there stuff went down hill after Abbey Road), Iron Maiden (Last album worth listening to was "Live after Death"), Metallica ("And Justice for all" was OK, after that... garbage!), Led Zeppelin (all great albums except "CODA"), Van Halen (w/o the Red Rocker), The Who, ELO, Grateful Dead, Ozzy Ozbourne......
    jarjar wrote:
    Beatles (though there stuff went down hill after Abbey Road)
    Considering that Abbey Road was the last album that The Beatles recorded, I would have to agree.
  • c0d3_w0lfc0d3_w0lf Member Posts: 117
    JDMurray wrote:
    jarjar wrote:
    Beatles (though there stuff went down hill after Abbey Road)
    Considering that Abbey Road was the last album that The Beatles recorded, I would have to agree.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who caught that. :P

And I agree too. Beatles = win
    There is nothing that cannot be acheived.
  • CabbageThe1CabbageThe1 Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm going to get shot for saying this but....I really don't like The Beatles. I don't know why but I have just never liked them.

I'm not trying to put anyone down if you like The Beatles good for you. :D
    If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style!
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The birthday song from the beatles is really the only song I've really liked. Most others are okay or not good. But I really haven't heard a TON of their music so I can't be too judgmental.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • supertechCETmasupertechCETma Member Posts: 377
    Mishra wrote:
    The birthday song from the beatles is really the only song I've really liked. Most others are okay or not good. But I really haven't heard a TON of their music so I can't be too judgmental.
    You should do yourself a real favor and get a copy of the "White Album" and listen to the whole thing. Birthday, Dear Prudence, Rocky Racoon, While my guitar gently weeps, Happiness is a warm gun, Yer blues... the list goes on.

That's good music. icon_cool.gif
    Electronic Technicians Association-International www.eta-i.org
    The Fiber Optic Association www.thefoa.org
    Home Acoustics Alliance® http://www.homeacoustics.net/
    Imaging Science Foundation http://www.imagingscience.com/
    Mishra wrote:

WHAT, how could you NOT like 'I am the walrus'!?!?!?? icon_lol.gif

yes, MOST beatles songs are pretty good; but some were just a little 'out there' Im not going to blame hallucinogens or anything though... icon_wink.gif

OK people, I'm hijacking this thread. What's your top five favorite songs from a single band or artist?

For the Beatles I'll say:
      Rain Oh Darling Dear Prudence Hey Jude Hey Bulldog and Only a Northern Song (tied for 5th)