What your favorite Band?

13»

Comments

• snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote:
    OK people, I'm hijacking this thread. What's your top five favorite songs from a single band or artist?

For the Beatles I'll say:
      Rain Oh Darling Dear Prudence Hey Jude Hey Bulldog and Only a Northern Song (tied for 5th)

Man, okay here we go. Off the top of my head

Beatles:

Hey Jude
    In My life (wedding song, so its a given)
    I am the walrus icon_lol.gif sorry but I always find that song funny for some reason.

Metallica: (you can pick five!!! :D )

Seek & Destroy
    4 Horsemen
    Fight Fire with fire
    ride the lightning
    for whom the bell tolls
    trapped under ice
    fade to black
    call of the ktulu
    Battery
    Master Of Puppets
    welcome home (sanitarium)
    Orion
    lepper messiah
    Damage Inc.
    Blackened
    Harvester of Sorrow
    To live is to die...
    frayed ends of sanity
    one
    Sad But true
    unforgiven (the FIRST ONE)
    Stone Cold crazy (cover)

Alice in Chains:

Entire Jar of flies album (rotten apple is my fav)
    sea of sorrow
    bleed the freak
    Them bones
    we die young
    dam that river

Pantera:

Walk
    cemetary gates
    coboys from hell
    becoming
    drag the waters (one of the heaviest riffs ever)

Johnny Cash: (again, you cant pick 5)

Oney
    walk the line
    ring of fire
    one piece at a time
    folsom prison blues
    cocaine blues (great song)
    man in black
    ghost riders in the sky

thats all i got for now, probably more to come!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • supertechCETmasupertechCETma Member Posts: 377
    Roky Erickson

Don't shake me, Lucifer
    I have always been here before
    Don't slander me
    I am her hero, she is my heroine

but who could not love...

I am
    Starry eyes
    Creature with the atom brain
    or
    I walked with a zombie icon_cool.gif
    Electronic Technicians Association-International www.eta-i.org
    The Fiber Optic Association www.thefoa.org
    Home Acoustics Alliance® http://www.homeacoustics.net/
    Imaging Science Foundation http://www.imagingscience.com/
  • livenliven Member Posts: 918
    I guess I am the only one that listens to jazz...

I played music very seriously for over 20 years (even done some touring). Started with rock and metal, but then I changed... Dunno what caused it.

I love all styles but anymore all I want to listen to is jazz.

Everything from Modeski Martin and Wood, to Dave Brubeck, Miles, Dizzy, Stanton Moore, Coltrane... The list goes on and on. Both modern and old school...

Sure I love to get nuts to some Tool, especially when I am working out. Ok actually those guys friggen rock.

And so do: Old school Beastie Boys, The Funky meters, Galactic, Pantera, PINK FLOYD, Led Zepplin, GreatFull Dead, Phish, Johny Cash, Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains...

Wow I could go on all day, oh and don't for get latin and reggae. GOOD STUFF!!!!
    encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.
  • CabbageThe1CabbageThe1 Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Here it goes:
      Seether Fake It Rise Above This Remedy Six Gun Quota Fine Again
    If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style!
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This is for dynamik and snadam and other old school Metallica fans.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76wSpqAPwGw

This video is amazing but my favorite part is at about 3:18. Kirk completely redoes the solo to "To Live is to die" and I like it better than the album one. The song transitions into the Call of Ktulu and he created an awesome solo for this concert. Pretty badass video although I don't care much for the orion part.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    Tool - Prison Sex, Jimmy, Third Eye, The Grudge, Schism, Vicarious, Jambi

Radiohead - Paranoid Android, Let Down, Kid A, Idioteque, Sit Down Stand Up, Myxomatosis, 15 Steps

Bright Eyes - Burn Rubber, Haligh Haligh a Lie Haligh, Hit the Switch, Gold Mind Gutted, Coat Check Dream Song

Silverchair - Across the Night, Without You, Tuna in the Brine, Emotion Sickness, Black Tangled Heart, If You Keep Losing Sleep, Those Thieving Birds

Incubus - Deep Inside, The Warmth, Just a Phase, Leech, Dig

Muse - Stockholm Syndrome, Butterflies and Hurricanes, Map of the Problematique, Citizen Erased, New Born

Outkast - Morris Brown, Call the Law, Greatest Show on Earth, Hey Ya!, Take Off Your Cool

Mars Volta - Tetragrammaton, Day of the Baphomets, Metatron, Ilyena, Cygnus....Vismund Cygnus, Drunkship of Lanterns

Tori Amos - Code Red, Goodbye Pisces, Caught a Lite Sneeze, Hotel, Precious Things, Gold Dust, Cornflake Girl
    Good luck to all!
  • marco71marco71 Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm an old-fashion progressive-metal fan but I'm listening also some variations like heavy-symphony or power-metal ;)
    my favourite bands are Queensryche and Dream Thearer for many, many years (since 80s), but I like also some ex-bands or some still active: Vicious Rumors, Fates Warning, Cea Serin, Shadow Gallery, Vanden Plas, Adagio, etc.
    I discovered recently Ayreon, Stratovarius and Kamelot and I like them too very much ...
  • deneb829deneb829 Member Posts: 292
    Rush.
    There are only 10 types of people in this world - People who understand binary and people who do not.
  • ladiesman217ladiesman217 Member Posts: 416
    To name a few...

Eric Clapton - Tears in Heaven
    Elton JOhn
    Black Eyed Peas - APL song, Where is the love, Bebot
    APO Hiking Society
    Air Supply
    The Beatles
    Rob Thomas - Little Wonders
    Michael Bolton - I can go the Distance
    Incubus - Drive
    FIve for FIghting - 100 yrs
    Gregoran Chants - Sounds of Silence
    No Sacrifice, No Victory.
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm pretty eclectic in my tastes with stuff from Abba through to zz Top in my collection. Heck, I even have Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra there - with some Shania and a bunch of metal too. Have seen many of the greats live but have to admit the band that had the greatest effect on me was Kiss.

Currently I have Great White playing onn my PC - Mr Big in my car, Doro Pesch in my MP3 player and Nils Lofgren in my machine at work.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Linkin park I am seeing them next Sunday woohoo I also love Hip Hop I listen to artists like Crooked I, Rass Kass, Jayo felony, Jay Z, old skool Mase, Tupace, Biggy, Big Pun

Also I am a dnb head love liquid drum n bass i'm 23 now have been listening to drum n bass since I was like 16 love it!!
    Microsoft's strategy to conquer the I.T industry

" Embrace, evolve, extinguish "
  • vistalavistavistalavista Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Our Lady Peace
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Our Lady Peace

Got a signed guitar by them, but my favorite signed guitar is by Megadeth. :)
    my musical taste is pretty vast apparently....
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well, I decided I'm going to start playing guitar again (well at least try) after 10 years of not playing. I used to play for 5 or so years and was playing metallica (and solos), etc... So I'm hoping I pick it back up pretty fast.

Bought the following:
    Marshal MG100DFX amp
    Original Cry baby wah pedal
    MXR Wylde Overdrive pedal
    Ibanez GRG170DX guitar

And other miscellaneous stuff such as a stand, cables, etc...

I'm hoping I do get back into playing. If I do, I'm thinking once I get a bonus from work (depends on how billable we are), I will pick up an Ibanez prestige guitar with Dimarzio pickups. The guitar is quite expensive but if it starts becoming a hobby of mine again, then it's all good.

I picked up everything from the guitar center over here but the guitar is being shipped to me. So unfortunately, I can't start jamming yet and have to wait several days. icon_sad.gif
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
    royal wrote:
    This is for dynamik and snadam and other old school Metallica fans.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76wSpqAPwGw

This video is amazing but my favorite part is at about 3:18. Kirk completely redoes the solo to "To Live is to die" and I like it better than the album one. The song transitions into the Call of Ktulu and he created an awesome solo for this concert. Pretty badass video although I don't care much for the orion part.

I must say thank you for the link, because I totally missed it 3 months ago! that was great!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

• LBC90805LBC90805 Member Posts: 247
    Original Skatalites with Don Drummond on THE BONE
  • pesinetpesinet Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Metallica, Sepultura....others metal bands
    CompTIA A+, Network+, MCP 70-210, MCTS 70-640, MCTS 70-642, MCITP 70-646, ACHDS 10.4, ACTC 10.4, ACSP 10.5, MCTS 70-620, MCITP 70-623.
  • LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    Wow, there are a lot of metal lovers in the crowd. Suprising. I would have expected, not to stereotype, but a bunch of guys who really love the Star Wars theme song... :P

Let's start a new thread, how many of us have ever actually met a girl? icon_eek.gif

Oh, and I am a Classic Rock guy. Seger, The Eagles, Dylan...etc. I like stuff you can actually understand the lyrics to.
  • cbigbrickcbigbrick Member Posts: 284
    A SMALL sampling of what’s in the iPod. I can't really say if I have ONE group that I really like overall.

Classic Rock…..
    Led Zepplin
    The Who
    Rush
    Eagle
    Bob Seger
    Fleetwood Mac
    Don Henley
    Blondie
    Bruce Springsteen
    The Cars
    Chicago
    CSNY
    Foreigner…..Does anyone remember the Bouyou in Georgetown??
    Genesis
    John Lennon
    Beatles
    Johnny Cash
    Lindsey Buckingham…solo stuff
    Neil Young
    Pretenders
    Sweet

Fun Stuff…
    Beach Boys
    ABBA
    Frank
    Elvis
    Bee Gees (Anyone here old enough to remember Bee Gee free weekends on the radio??)
    Bobby Darin
    Carly Simon
    John Williams…yes the composer
    Marilyn Manson
    Randy Newman
    Tina Turner

Trans Techno…
    Mackus Schulz
    4 Strings
    Moby

Modern/POP...
    Cindy Lauper
    Depeche Mode
    Duran
    Echo & the Bunnymen
    Eurythmics
    A Flock of seaguls
    The Go-Gos
    New Order
    Oasis
    OMD
    Pet Shop Boys
    The Police
    Siouxsie and the Banshees
    Talking Heads
    Thompson Twins
    ‘Til Tuesday
    Inxs
    REM
    The Knack
    Wang Chung

Classical…
    Handel
    Beethoven
    Schubert
    Choppin
    Tchaikovshy
    Brahams
    Bach
    Wagner
    DeBussy
    Rachmaninoff
    Verdi

Aren’t you glad you asked???
    And in conclusion your point was.....???

Don't get so upset...it's just ones and zeros.
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    larrydaman wrote:
    Wow, there are a lot of metal lovers in the crowd. Suprising. I would have expected, not to stereotype, but a bunch of guys who really love the Star Wars theme song... :P

Let's start a new thread, how many of us have ever actually met a girl? icon_eek.gif

Oh, and I am a Classic Rock guy. Seger, The Eagles, Dylan...etc. I like stuff you can actually understand the lyrics to.

What's a girl?

(hums the star wars theme song to himself)
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    larrydaman wrote:
    Not so stereotypical me thinks icon_cool.gif
    ummm 3 ex wives - does that count? icon_redface.gif
    Oh yes - lyrics. Even better - how about lyrics that actually tell a story?
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • rfult001rfult001 Member Posts: 407
    (Mandy Pantankin, Zero Mostel, Bette Midler) = !Awesome
  • draineydrainey Member Posts: 261
    RussS -- Kiss was the first band I ever saw live, what an experience.

Kiss -- God gave rock and roll to you, trail by fire, firehouse, black diamond
    Crue -- primal Scream, wild side, dancing on glass, if I die tomorrow, houligan's holliday
    SRV - texas flood, voodoo child, tin pan alley,
    Anthony Gomes -- going down slow, blinddog, what would you do
    Jimmy D. Lane -- 4 o'clock in the morning, what makes people, 11th hour
    bbking -- bad santa, blue tuesday, thrill is gone
    tangier -- sweet surrender, back in the limelight, good lovin'
    great white -- call it rock and roll, step on you, face the day, doctor me, angel song
    The irony truly is strange that you're the only one you can change. -- Anthony Gomes
    I need to put a new bid on for favorite band:

AUSTRIAN DEATH MACHINE!!!!!

freaking awesome, and hilarious!!! :D

• jworleyjworley Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ah yes...

I go through phases from week to week now. Some years ago... I used to be pretty big into death/black metal. Opeth, Napalm Death, Black Dahlia Murder, Morbid Angel, Darkest Hour, Between the Buried and Me, blah blah blah. I listed to them every now and again, but not so much.

Also used to be a big Tool fan. Undertow, Aenema, and Lateralus were some of the best albums ever made.

Sometimes I like hardcore, like Zao, Hatebreed, Terror, Madball...

Sometimes I listen to the more child-ish ska and/or punk of the Aquabats, Blink182 (Dude Ranch and earlier)...

Sometimes I listen to the 80s era hardcore punk... Circle Jerks, Black Flag, The Dead Kennedys

Sometimes I listen to the new-school emo-ish music like Fallout Boy, Hawthorn Heights, A Heartwell Ending, Northstar, Saosin (I prefer the older Saosin when Anthony Green sang for them), A Static Lullaby, Alexisonfire.

currently, I like the indie music. Cassino, The Absentee, Bright Eyes, Death Cab For Cutie, and Brand New. The Devil and God are Raging Inside of Me is an excellent album.
    "I asked, 'Why do you bring a gun to a UFO sighting?' Guy said, 'Way-ul, we didn wanna be ab-duc-ted.' If I lived in Fife, Alabama, I would be on my hands and knees every night praying for abduction" -Bill Hicks
  • dpsdps Member Posts: 116
    Sublime
    Beastie Boys
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Rage Against the Machine
    Metallica
    Motorhead
    Matisyahu
    Bob Marley and the Wailers

:D
    Focused and Steady.
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    larrydaman wrote:

Hehe, yeah, it's interesting... Most IT guys I know in person are Metal Heads!