Options

Connecting PS3 to your Media Server

BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm trying to access pictures, music, and videos I have on my Vista Ultimate PC through my PS3, but for some reason I can only browse the contents of the music folder (video and picture folders show up as empty when viewing via the PS3). I know the appropriate Network settings/firewall rules are in place because I am able to view and play all of my songs through my PS3.

Any ideas why I can't see any of my pictures/video?
MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I had the same problem and so have others. I ended up using a free program called Tversity which worked flawlessly.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    Thanks, will give it a try later tonight. Wasn't sure if it was an issue with Vista or what...
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    Tversity worked like a charm...thanks again, royal. icon_thumright.gif