Options

You Tube and Dynamips Videos

itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
hey you all i found these cool Dynamips videos....me I need someoneto show me
so i was looking at videos on You Tube and they have many on how to configure Dynamips
pretty cool!
:D

Comments

• Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Brian McGahan from internetwork expert has a free COD on setting up monster labs for the internetwork expert R&S lab workbook v4. He even provides the .net for the topology and startup configs with hostnames. You need 2 or 3 gigs of RAM and a dual core processor to run the whole lab though.

It's very explanatory.

http://www.internetworkexpert.com/resources/iosonpc.htm
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    itdaddy wrote:
    so i was looking at videos on You Tube and they have many on how to configure Dynamips
    pretty cool!

Come on man, post the link and share the god damn video's!!!! stop being gready for gods sakes icon_lol.gif
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    nel wrote:
    itdaddy wrote:
    pretty cool!

Come on man, post the link and share the god damn video's!!!! stop being gready for gods sakes icon_lol.gif

HAHA! icon_lol.gif I'm sorry but thats hillarious
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    nel wrote:
    Come on man, post the link and share the god damn video's!!!!
    Obviously distracted by a featured video of the day and is now probably working on a response video of his own -- to the detriment of his own CCNA studies.

icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    hey easy..type Dynamips in the You Tube search and you get a butt load. I am not sure how much they are but many are 9 minutes in length...I just saw them and wanted to share.
    They look good. You need no links like I said just type in "Dynamips or GNU3 is it?
    or CCIE or CCNA and you get a butt load of videos...I was just looking around and I found many. I bet there will be many more. Seems a good place to advertise your CBTs..

I guess it does seem funny i just assumed that yuo guys would do the search;;;
    you know what they say about ASS U ME hahaahhahahh
    icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    itdaddy wrote:
    Seems a good place to advertise your CBTs..

No offense, but I think YouTube sucks for CBTs. The tiny window + high compression = garbage CBT. They might as well just be a podcast at that point.

Someone needs to start a user-generated IT CBT website with decent quality. That's a sweet idea; I can't believe I'm just throwing it out there like I am icon_eek.gif
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    itdaddy wrote:
    hey easy..type Dynamips in the You Tube search and you get a butt load. I am not sure how much they are but many are 9 minutes in length...I just saw them and wanted to share.
    They look good. You need no links like I said just type in "Dynamips or GNU3 is it?
    or CCIE or CCNA and you get a butt load of videos...I was just looking around and I found many. I bet there will be many more. Seems a good place to advertise your CBTs..

I guess it does seem funny i just assumed that yuo guys would do the search;;;
    you know what they say about ASS U ME hahaahhahahh
    icon_lol.gif

It was all in good fun IT daddy :D ...no offence was intended!

I actually checked some out and they werent too bad. Good for a free resource but not as good actual cbt's like dynamik mentioned. Still useful to know though.

besides im not that lazy for other people to do the search...or am i.... icon_confused.gif
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    dynamik and nel

yeah the vids are not great but they at least help there are bunch of stuff o nthere
    hacking vids just cool stuff. the vids are not great qualiity but I can download them
    and play them on a better video player; but yeah they are crap but just wanted to point it out
    so others can benfit; i have a nice player and i can download them look onthe web
    and search for how to download you tube vids and you can do it through say mozilla ffx
    or get a free you tube downloader and they have better vid players so you can expand the screen in you tube you can expand full screen in you tube you have to play with it to expnd to full screen quality can suck but atleast it is bigger and for us techies, there are a butt load of more vids on hacking (for good guys) i like hacking cause it teaches me how they do it for to prevent them..coool stuff on you tube to help out. i learned some stuff for Dynamips hope it helps others;
    cheers dudes enjoy

ia m sure there are better vids it has some good vids but some are hard to see well butu i can hear what they say.;)

you tube type in google EM free you tube download toool
    and search for FLV players which is the extension of You tube vids i have a nice player which
    makes the vids look much better ;) sorry for excluding that ;)
  • Options
    SoulreaverSoulreaver Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    this is a good site i have come across for dynamips help

http://www.blindhog.net/category/dynamips/
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Soulreaver wrote:
    this is a good site i have come across for dynamips help

http://www.blindhog.net/category/dynamips/

I don't use dynamips myself but unless there is a sticky about it this might be a good time to pool resources to help folks get up and running with it.
  • Options
    Soulreaver

cool site looks good i hope ;)
  • Options
    DrFlashDrFlash Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ive been using dynamips/dynagen for a while for small set-ups of lans. its quite easy to maintain and can do everthing a 'real' cisco router can do.

if you have a pc with multiple network cards you can actually emulate a full ethernet routed network by using your pc and your network cards as the router interfaces for connecting cisco switches or routers.
  • Options
    okay dudes got my GNS3 going (dont want to learn or use dynamips yikes)
    i am kind of lazy using GNS3 is fin with me...but i have one question

Why doenst GNS3/dynamips emulate or run IOS of CAT switches i am looking for 3550
    3560 cat switch for my future CCNP lab and ideas, crap i have routers
    but i guess GNS3 would be great for say OSPF and RIPng huh??? IPv6 setup etc...
    but would like to have IOS run on CAT switch then GNS3 would be sweet unless
    GNS3 is going to get their software going great with router and sell you the other half
    the CAT switch hypervisor???

thanks

freaking cool to get your GNS3 routers to make there own network..
  • Options
    Switches are hardware based which is programmed into the ASIC chip. You can;t emulate that near as well as software or IOS.
  • Options
    netstudent

but when i save my bin or ios image file i save via TFTP???so you are saying that the switch is more hardware based than routers???
  • Options
    absolutely. Google switching fabric, ASIC, hardware switching, ect...
  • Options
    okay thank you for your help!