Options

Word Problem

billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
Has anyone come across this: When you go to office 2003 and start up Word, the cursor is right at the top and not where it should be!! Any ideas??

Comments

• Options
    hettyhetty Member Posts: 394
    When you open a specific file or in general?
  • Options
    In General, i have a user who if he opens a word doc that he created earlier, opens ok, but if he opens a NEW doc his cursor is small and at the very top centre.
  • Options
    Go to another machine without any issues, create a new document (with no formatting), save it as a template file called normal.dot

Replace the normal.dot on the machine with the problem (C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates)
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Nevermind, hetty beat me to the punch I see.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Try replacing the Normal.dot file from a working profile/computer.

c:\Documents and Settings\ProfileName\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates\Normal.dot

if it's not there search for it.

edit - Dang! :^(
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
  • Options
    Great minds think alike!
  • Options
    macdudemacdude Member Posts: 173
    Or you can just delete the file normal.dot. There is a hidden normal.dot and if you delete the copy that is not hidden it will automatically create a new copy for you.
  • Options
    macdude wrote:
    Or you can just delete the file normal.dot. There is a hidden normal.dot and if you delete the copy that is not hidden it will automatically create a new copy for you.
    Cool, didnt know that. I think in the past it gave an error when it was just deleted so Ive grown accustomed to replacing it.
  • Options
    macdudemacdude Member Posts: 173
    I can't remember off the top of my head but you may have to have show hidden files enabled.
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies guys, but i found the answer today, it was in the Tools - Options - View Tab, he had the "White space between pages" tick box unselected, i just ticked the box and his cursor dropped to the proper position.