Options

Windows Xp Dark Edition Version 6

AnwardAnward Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi everybody,

Have a question which i would gladly appreciate your opinion on. A friend of mines gave me a copy of the above mentioned OS. I've being doing some research and i'm unable to get any real information information on this flavour, the only thing i know is the it was developed in Thailand it offers SATA and other driver functionality plus it has windows service pack 2 built into the OS and its able to get all Hotfixes and patches from Microsoft. The question i want to ask his the OS authentic and safe to install. I heard from a friend that it was developed by hackers but in think its probably like one of those linux flavours which adds extra functionality of the regular Xp Version.

Thanx in advance
Remember that when things seems to be going against you, remember that the plane takes off against the wind and not with it

Comments

• Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Doing some quick searching around it looks like it takes a XP image and adding in SP2, updates, assorted themes, various hacks around, and added plugins and such. I wouldn't really trust it and it definitely is not on the Microsoft approved side of legality.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You can use nLite to package drivers, updates, etc. into a new XP iso, which you can burn and install. This is so easy to do, you might as well do it yourself and keep peace of mind. Thailand XP sounds risky icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    MikeInMoseleyMikeInMoseley Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    You can use nLite to package drivers, updates, etc. into a new XP iso, which you can burn and install. This is so easy to do, you might as well do it yourself and keep peace of mind. Thailand XP sounds risky icon_lol.gif

Yea i just used nLite(its freeware) as i needed SATA drivers but I couldn't find an old floppy disk (at home). I took the opportunity to slipstream SP3 and my drivers in with it as well. icon_cool.gif Worked a treat and it couldn't really be easier.
  • Options
    I needed to use SATA drivers with one of the 2003 machines I built. They were accepted via the F6 disk, but after the installation, the machine just perpetually restarted when it tried to load Windows. Even though the drivers were certified, for some reason, Windows was replacing them with other drivers when it tried to load. I finally resolved the problem when I used nLite to not only add the SATA drivers, but strip out all the other HD drivers (so it couldn't replace the SATA drivers). I burned the ISO it created, and the installation went flawlessly. It's a great utility with tons of functionality.
  • Options
    MikeInMoseleyMikeInMoseley Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    I needed to use SATA drivers with one of the 2003 machines I built. They were accepted via the F6 disk, but after the installation, the machine just perpetually restarted when it tried to load Windows. Even though the drivers were certified, for some reason, Windows was replacing them with other drivers when it tried to load. I finally resolved the problem when I used nLite to not only add the SATA drivers, but strip out all the other HD drivers (so it couldn't replace the SATA drivers). I burned the ISO it created, and the installation went flawlessly. It's a great utility with tons of functionality.

icon_rolleyes.gif Show off

icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    AnwardAnward Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Lol. thanx guys
    Remember that when things seems to be going against you, remember that the plane takes off against the wind and not with it
  • Options
    Mike, it only appears that way because I omitted how long it took me to figure that out ;)