Options

Cisco "Come Back" for those who have expired certs

CiscoCertsCiscoCerts Member Posts: 112
I wanted to share this email I received recently.

For a limited time, Cisco is inviting those whose certifications have lapsed to “Come Back” with a special offer. Register and take any Cisco certification exam at the regular price, and — if you don’t succeed on your first try — you’ll get a free second opportunity to pass the exam and Come Back! *

Come back to Cisco Career Certifications – For details on this special offer or to schedule your Cisco certification exam at a Pearson VUE test center today, visit www.pearsonvue.com/cisco/comeback

* Both the full price and free “Come Back” exams must be taken between April 21, 2008, and October 15, 2008. The free exam must be the same exam number as the exam you failed.

Comments

• Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    CiscoCerts wrote:
    I wanted to share this email I received recently.

For a limited time, Cisco is inviting those whose certifications have lapsed to “Come Back” with a special offer. Register and take any Cisco certification exam at the regular price, and — if you don’t succeed on your first try — you’ll get a free second opportunity to pass the exam and Come Back! *

Come back to Cisco Career Certifications – For details on this special offer or to schedule your Cisco certification exam at a Pearson VUE test center today, visit www.pearsonvue.com/cisco/comeback

* Both the full price and free “Come Back” exams must be taken between April 21, 2008, and October 15, 2008. The free exam must be the same exam number as the exam you failed.

I think they want us up to speed on the latest thing. I would do the CCNA and CCNP I held which have expired way back but Im too busy with CCIE right now.

It's a good offer though.
  • Options
    Turgon wrote:
    I think they want us up to speed on the latest thing. I would do the CCNA and CCNP I held which have expired way back but Im too busy with CCIE right now.

It's a good offer though.

The real question is would your CCNA and CCNP have any value once you get your CCIE, what do you think?

If so you could easily pick them up after you get your #s, I would seriously doubt you'd fail any of those tests after obtaining CCIE status.
  • Options
    GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    Interesting. I don't see where it says you have to have expired certs.

It looks like you can book normally, fail, then call and take it again for free no?
  • Options
    GT-Rob wrote:
    Interesting. I don't see where it says you have to have expired certs.

It looks like you can book normally, fail, then call and take it again for free no?

It does look that way. They probably only sent out emails to those who have expired certs and signed up for their spam-you advertisement service :)

Wouldn't hurt anyone to give it a try, do we have anyone who's failed recently?
  • Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□

I thought that if you pass the CCIE, then you automatically renew your CCNA/CCNP. icon_confused.gif: Or is that a misconception due to those with CCNA who pass a 642 exam to renew?
  • Options
    srgsrg Member Posts: 140
    mamono wrote:

I thought that if you pass the CCIE, then you automatically renew your CCNA/CCNP. icon_confused.gif: Or is that a misconception due to those with CCNA who pass a 642 exam to renew?

I think i recertifies it if it's still active, but not renews it if it has expired. Same with the ccna/ccnp thing.