Options

unsure of new job tomorrow

livenliven Member Posts: 918
Interviewing for a new job tomorrow...

It is at a very big company.

The biggest plus is that it is much closer to home and a VERY large jump in salary.

Biggest con,

the scope of the work is very narrow compared to what I do now. Now I do a little bit of everything, system administration, development, networking and security...

This new job would be just administration.

I don't have the job yet, but the odds look pretty good. The money part will be really hard to turn down if the job comes through..... But I am not 100% certain I will be happy with the work...
encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.

Comments

• Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Who cares if your responsibilities will be shorter, just spend the spare time going after certifications since you'll be making a lot more cash. ;)

Take it, it sounds great. You can always use the experience and more money to put toward your future jobs.

KG
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    thanks bro...

Just not sure what to do...

I got to talk to a guy that works at this place and he says he loves it...

I have just never heard of a place separating responsibilities so much, I am not used to that kinda thing...
  • Options
    TalicTalic Member Posts: 423
    They probably have a lot more work for you to do then your small company had.

More money sure sounds good with gas prices, along with everything else is going up. Who knows how much things would go up in price after each summer of higher gas prices.
  • Options
    Well I don't really come from a small company. Actually the company I work for now is massive, bigger than the company I might be going to.

But the company I work for now is not really a for profit organization. They are a global entity and to be honest I don't like to talk about where I work because most of the stuff is classified.

The opportunity I got to go and work there was great, and I learned SO MUCH! But 2 years later I am ready for a change....

Just trying to figure out the change I want to make.

Anyway thanks again!
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You need cash to live.... So, let get the job first, then worry about it later.

Good Luck
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn