Options

70-647 Passed

Passed 70-647 :D

48 Questions, 2 hours and 15 minutes, heaps of questions on AD Sites, Trusts, Terminal Services, Wsus and Sharepoint.

Finally MCITP: 2008 Enterprise Administrator.
Isn't Bill such a Great Guy!!!!

Comments

• Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    hettyhetty Member Posts: 394
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Awesome. What did you think of the MCITP track? How did all the tests fair?
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    SWMSWM Member Posts: 287
    Awesome. What did you think of the MCITP track? How did all the tests fair?

Thanks

The questions are better and more relevant I thinkthank the MCSE questions. I am not sure about the title though? Very few people know what a MCITP is and really I have to add MCITP Server 2008 blah blah blah to distinguish the other MCITP possibilities

MSCE 2003 is a lot easier icon_smile.gif

My boss thinks I need a A4 business card to fit the Microsoft title on it :D
  • Options
    fommyfommy Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    well done mate, should be where you are in ohh say 5 years!!!

icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
    MCITP Enterprise Admin then CCNA - as I failed CCNA twice now. boohoo
  • Options
    dave_ne1dave_ne1 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass, I'm taking the exam in 2 days (wednesday) any advise you can give to help me prepare?

Thanks
  • Options
    I'm taking the exam in 2 days (wednesday) any advise you can give to help me prepare?

know forest and domain levels 2000,2003 and 2008 and what features need each. RODC was hammered many times. AD federation services and means to allow multiple domains/forest too communicate appears to be the aim of this exam (well atleast mine).

Good luck . I found it very challenging, I guess as I completed my MCSE 2 years ago and its hard to get back in the study routine
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats! Thanks for the study tips as well!
  • Options
    dave_ne1dave_ne1 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    SWM wrote:
    I'm taking the exam in 2 days (wednesday) any advise you can give to help me prepare?

know forest and domain levels 2000,2003 and 2008 and what features need each. RODC was hammered many times. AD federation services and means to allow multiple domains/forest too communicate appears to be the aim of this exam (well atleast mine).

Good luck . I found it very challenging, I guess as I completed my MCSE 2 years ago and its hard to get back in the study routine

Thanks for your advice, it helped greatly! Had a couple of real easy questions and then the MOSS/WSS and Softgrid questions threw me a bit as i didnt know what to expect from them. But scored 823, now Enterprise Administrator :D
  • Options
    Thanks for your advice, it helped greatly! Had a couple of real easy questions and then the MOSS/WSS and Softgrid questions threw me a bit as i didnt know what to expect from them. But scored 823, now Enterprise Administrator

Well done. Another Ent Admin :D I think we are a small selective group at this stage. I still managed to get the Charter Cert which surprised me !!

On another note, I took this exam as beta (failed, didn't study, gave it a go mainly to see what they are testing). Passed the live exam last week but received my failed beta score card from Prometric today !! (got to love snail mail)

At least I now know that I need to improve "Design Core Identity and Access Management Components". All I need to do now is work out what the h3ll that is icon_eek.gif
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    SWM and others. Just passed the 647 today. Scored an amazing 964, principally due to the advice and guidance of people on this forum. Again, my principle study material was Server 2008 Unleashed and a massive amount of material from Technet. I also reviewed OReilly's Active Directory book. I used SelfTest for practice testing. I was scoring about 80%, but I do fast test with slow review so I normal know I will pass the actual exam at about 70% on the practice tests.

I thought it was a superb test. I learned a ton studying for the track (except for 620, which was a joke).

Thank you all for your advice and study material!
  • Options
    KejanardKejanard Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!!
    Kejanard
    www.kejanard.net

"All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsion, habit, reason, passion, and desire." -Aristotle
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats to SWM, Dave and Robert! icon_thumright.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.