Options

New job!

livenliven Member Posts: 918
Well I was kind of unsure about this new job, but looks like I am going to have to take it. I had just one interview and I guess I did pretty well. They offered me the job not even a hour later!

The money is just way to good, and it is so much closer to my home.

I will be leaving the D.O.D and moving to the comercial world. I will not be doing info security anymore, but just very high level Unix administration on a MASSIVE (global thousands of machines) Unix/linux/windows environment.

Will be using: AIX, Solaris, SUSE, Red Hat, Windows 2003, VM ESX...

This is going to be quiet different for me, so wish me luck!
encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.

Comments

• Options
    wheelywheely Member Posts: 105
    Congrats and Good Luck! I went for an interview the other day and still waiting to hear something so wish me luck too.
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck man. Remember to keep windows close but Linux closer. Being a linux guy will come in handy with VMWare too. icon_cool.gif
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats liven!

Was this the interview you had around your CEH pass? Were you just thinking it over since then? Did you go on that vacation you were planning, or is that still coming up? Could I possibly ask you any more questions?

Good luck to both of you!
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats on the new job!!

Update us with how it goes...
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    hettyhetty Member Posts: 394
    Congrats! Sounds like a sweet job.
  • Options
    TalicTalic Member Posts: 423
    Sounds fun and something I'm shooting for. Good luck.
  • Options
    sir_creamy_sir_creamy_ Inactive Imported Users Posts: 298
    Congratulations!
    Bachelor of Computer Science

[Forum moderators are my friends]
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Good luck liven!!! Take it for all it's worth I'm sure it will help round out your experience even better then before.
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    sounds like a great career move! Congrats and best of luck!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    livenliven Member Posts: 918
    Damn,

I love all of you guys!!!

Ok I gotta address dynamik directly, that dude is the man!!!

This is not the same job I was originally interested in....

To be honest it was not my first pick.. I wanted to stay in security, but this offer is just to good pass by. The vacation already happened and it rocked ( can you say 7 mile beach). The job I originally posted about I got multiple interviews for and was barely beaten out by a fella with more experience. Can not get to upset, sure it was a security job, but it wasn't meant to be.

Buy Dynamik your attention to detail is going to pay off for you in such a big way...

And to all of the rest of you guys, I think you rock. This forum is the most amazing place I have visited online.

I will keep everyone as posted as I can over time. Got a little over 2 weeks till the new gig starts.

Once again thanks to everyone on this forum for being VERY supportive and helping me keep the dream alive.
    encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.