Options

second shot???

Soha|LSoha|L Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
i have heard tht CISCO has announced that they will grant free second shot for any Cisco Exam, so if you did not pass from the first attempt you can retake the exam free, and this will be during 21 April to 15 October 2008 for first attempt and second shot. icon_lol.gif

can anyone confirm this news?? icon_confused.gif:
soha|L

Comments

• Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That's good to know... although I will not take the test until I'm confident enough to pass it with flying colors! But, things happen, so knowing that there is a retake code makes it all good!
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    GlynixxGlynixx Member Posts: 138
    sweet! many thanks!
    Check out www.manager-tools.com for some great management training for free!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    For a limited time, Cisco is inviting those whose [b]certifications have lapsed[/b] to “Come Back” with a special offer.

This doesn't seem to be a 2nd Shot for everyone like Microsoft was offering. Sounds like you have to have expired Cisco Certifications and received a "Come Back Code" to use.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    LBC90805LBC90805 Member Posts: 247
    mikej412 wrote:
    For a limited time, Cisco is inviting those whose [b]certifications have lapsed[/b] to “Come Back” with a special offer.

This doesn't seem to be a 2nd Shot for everyone like Microsoft was offering. Sounds like you have to have expired Cisco Certifications and received a "Come Back Code" to use.

I'm wondering what Cisco's motivation is for doing this? To generate revenue by trying to get those who have let their certs expire by giving them a second chance if the fail? Or because there are so many people out there that have let their certifications lapse and continue to work as networking professionals? The idea behind that one is the people know what they are doing and don't really seem motivated, or a reason why they should go back and re-up their cert because it won't help them profesionally or finacially.
  • Options
    Here’s how to redeem your Cisco “Come Back” Exam:

Register for a full-price exam, using the “Schedule a Test” button at right. If you fail the exam, schedule a retake of the same exam by calling Pearson VUE’s phone registration and giving the customer service representative your Come Back promotion code: COMEBACK. This will entitle you to a free retake of the same exam. Free exams may only be scheduled through phone registration.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Both the full-price exam and free Come Back retake must be scheduled and taken between April 15, 2008 and October 15, 2008, to qualify for this special promotion.

...From Vue's website...sounds like a 2nd shot to me as it doesnt mention anything about renewing expired certs...

im getting confused now....is there any more official comments on this to clarify the situation?

• Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    From the Cisco email however it does imply that it is for expired certs. The code is also "COMEBACK". I guess if you're relying on it then ask first or just pass first time ;)
  • Options
    ironlungironlung Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That would be awesome if they did the 2nd shot like microsoft.
    Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet.
  • Options
    GlynixxGlynixx Member Posts: 138
    I'll call tomorrow and let everyone know.

-G
    Check out www.manager-tools.com for some great management training for free!
  • Options
    ROMGabeROMGabe Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    For those of us taking the CCENT the first time this summer, if we fail, we still have the chance to re-test for FREE until October 15. 2008 ?

The info I found on Pearson/VUE does not seem to be specific enough ...
    ----
    Studying CCENT/ICND1 (640-822)
    Future tests:
    in 2008: CCENT, SSCP, Linux+, A+,
    in 2009: CCNA/ICND2 (640-816), C|EH, CWNA, CWSP,
    in 2010: CCNP, CCSP.
  • Options
    Soha|LSoha|L Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    yup !

u ppl r rit, the information given is really confusing...

n if this info is right can anyone tel me if theres any special procedure for getn this second shot thing??
    soha|L
  • Options
    sohailq wrote:
    yup !

u ppl r rit, the information given is really confusing...

n if this info is right can anyone tel me if theres any special procedure for getn this second shot thing??

check the link above...you have to book the test in the normal fashion then if you fail you have to phone vue to rebook - that is if this is legit and not just for expired certs..

• Options
    coffeekingcoffeeking Member Posts: 305 ■■■■□□□□□□
    that is awesome dude! I am working on CCNA and this seems to ba good motivation for taking the exam before Oct. 2008. Do you guys know if this applies for the single exam option as well or is it just for CCENT exams 1 and 2.
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I called my New Horizons rep and she looked into it for me. Apparently this is good for everyone as long as both exams are signed up for and taken between the april 15th date and the october 15th date.

So, I'm going to step on the gas for the CCENT then try and get the CCNA by the October deadline.
  • Options
    pwjohnstonpwjohnston Member Posts: 441
    nel wrote:

That's awsome! I was going to take my Security+ after this 70-291, but I guess the CCNA is going to be next. Thanks!
  • Options
    This is great news. Have cisco ever done this before? if not i wonder what there motive is?

@ megadeath....do you have to book both the ccent and the icnd2 at the same time to use this offer? or can you book both seperately?

Also what do the cisco die hards think about this???

• Options
    aragoen_celtdraaragoen_celtdra Member Posts: 246
    hi all,
    I'm back! sorta.. ;) I've been waiting to see if anyone was able to find any new info on this "second shot" thing. Unfortunately, the graces didn't come. But like my wife always tells me, when she notices that I don't particularly enjoy the meal she just made (yeah, believe it or not my superwoman has bad days too! ;)), "If you want something done a certain way, do it yourself." LOL

So I finally called PearsonVue to find out what the dealio. As it turns out, the "comeback" promotion is indeed targeted towards those who have let their certification lapse.

But don't fret my little bebes, the nice lady on the other line did mention that there is also a "Second Chance" promotion for those taking any Cisco test the first time. She didn't know the actual web page to direct me to but doing a little reverse-engineering (or not) of the http:// vue.com/cisco/comeback page being thrown around in the last few posts, I was able to get to http://vue.com/cisco/secondchance/ and there it was.

The only discrepancy from the info on that page and what she told me is how to re-schedule. On that page it said "Free exams may only be scheduled via the web." but according to her I have to call them directly and give them the magic word "second chance". To save you the extra leg work, the number is (877) 404-3926.

If anyone received a different (or more thorough) explanation, please do share. Anyhow, now I'm considering moving my test date one or two weeks earlier.
    CCIE Wr: In Progress...
    Hours CCIE Wr Prep: 309:03:52
    Follow my study progress at Route My World!
    My CCIE Thread
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    there is also a "Second Chance" promotion for those taking any Cisco test the first time. She didn't know the actual web page to direct me to but doing a little reverse-engineering (or not) of the http:// vue.com/cisco/comeback page being thrown around in the last few posts, I was able to get to http://vue.com/cisco/secondchance/ and there it was.
    Thanks for digging up the information -- that's a "good find!" icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    just called and scheduled my CCNA you use the SECONDCHANCE code when you call the second time after you failed, but the promotion is indeed going on right now!
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wow... maybe I will get my full CCNA instead of just the CCENT soon.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    aragoen_celtdraaragoen_celtdra Member Posts: 246
    Awesome Guys!

Update:
    I said earlier that I was confused about the:
    "Free exams may only be scheduled via the web."
    statement on the website, while the person I spoke with said that I "have" to call to get the promotion.

To clear things up I called them again and the next guy that answered said that now you can do either option: call or re-schedule on the web. For me I'll probably just call in to be absolutely sure. I suppose you'll find out if you did re-schedule online and enter the promotion code. It should give you the exam without charging your cc.
    CCIE Wr: In Progress...
    Hours CCIE Wr Prep: 309:03:52
    Follow my study progress at Route My World!
    My CCIE Thread
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    yea i would personally call just to make sure everything is 100 percent in the clear
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
    i agree, give em a call.
    ~ wedge1988 ~ IdioT Certified~
    MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese