Options

Battled the ICND2 today!

CiscoCertsCiscoCerts Member Posts: 112
Hey guys, I sat my ICND2 today!

Scored 874 (825 is passing)
Time Given: 75 minutes
49 Questions

Wow, can you say TIME CRUNCH?!

Holy crap! I got my sim questions early and after finishing question 12 I only had about 50 minutes left. I had poor time management on one simlet and took too long. At 20 minutes to go with about 20 questions left! Realizing this I really pushed myself to skim and eliminate obvious wrong answers. I had 50 seconds with two questions to go, somehow I made it. Too much time-forced guessing luckily i didn't get anymore sims or simlets and a lot were multiple choice with one answer towards the end of my test.

Here's my breakdown

Configure, verify and troubleshoot a switch with VLANs and interswitch communication: 82%

Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP Services to meet network requirements in a medium.. 71%

Configure and troubleshoot basic operation and routing on Cisco devices 69%

Implement, verify and troubleshoot NAT and ACLs in a medium-size Enterprise branch office.. 100%

Implement and verify WAN links 100%

Preperation:

I first watched the CBT Nugget videos then read the cisco press book.

Then I took the cisco press free boson exam on practice mode (only made it halfway through and had a score of 73%) Percenage wise this is about what i had on the ICND1, although I took an extra week to study that. Although it was taking me far too long to complete some of their troubleshooting sims - even though I was getting them right.

For this test I did all of the studying in just under 4 weeks.

I used gns3 for labs as well as a 2500 router. I bought two 2950 switches but I never got a chance to use them for this test.

Also, I was certified CCNA in fall 2003, so all of that studying back then. I think it was about 5 or 6 months total. I was way overprepared for the test then and disappointed it wasn't more challenging, although now the tests are much harder IMO.

If i didn't have the oppertunity to re-take the test for free if I failed I would've pushed my test date back by a week at least, perhaps 2. My weakest point was speed, by far. I don't feel my percentages reflect my knowledge on the topics. I was panicy for time.

My advice to all who take these exam is first to read the question and don't look at the diagram/config until you have done so. All this does is waste your time. It took me half of this test to figure that out!

Thanks for everyone's help here, I really appreciated it! I can't wait to dive into my CCNP studies - BSCI first!

Comments

• Options
    examseekerexamseeker Member Posts: 118
    Congratulations!

Hopefully, I can pass my 2 soon!

icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice Job!

Congratz!
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    CiscoCerts wrote:
    Hey guys, I sat my ICND2 today!

Scored 874 (825 is passing)
    Time Given: 75 minutes
    49 Questions

Wow, can you say TIME CRUNCH?!

Holy crap! I got my sim questions early and after finishing question 12 I only had about 50 minutes left. I had poor time management on one simlet and took too long. At 20 minutes to go with about 20 questions left! Realizing this I really pushed myself to skim and eliminate obvious wrong answers. I had 50 seconds with two questions to go, somehow I made it. Too much time-forced guessing luckily i didn't get anymore sims or simlets and a lot were multiple choice with one answer towards the end of my test.

Here's my breakdown

Configure, verify and troubleshoot a switch with VLANs and interswitch communication: 82%

Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP Services to meet network requirements in a medium.. 71%

Configure and troubleshoot basic operation and routing on Cisco devices 69%

Implement, verify and troubleshoot NAT and ACLs in a medium-size Enterprise branch office.. 100%

Implement and verify WAN links 100%

Preperation:

I first watched the CBT Nugget videos then read the cisco press book.

Then I took the cisco press free boson exam on practice mode (only made it halfway through and had a score of 73%) Percenage wise this is about what i had on the ICND1, although I took an extra week to study that. Although it was taking me far too long to complete some of their troubleshooting sims - even though I was getting them right.

For this test I did all of the studying in just under 4 weeks.

I used gns3 for labs as well as a 2500 router. I bought two 2950 switches but I never got a chance to use them for this test.

Also, I was certified CCNA in fall 2003, so all of that studying back then. I think it was about 5 or 6 months total. I was way overprepared for the test then and disappointed it wasn't more challenging, although now the tests are much harder IMO.

If i didn't have the oppertunity to re-take the test for free if I failed I would've pushed my test date back by a week at least, perhaps 2. My weakest point was speed, by far. I don't feel my percentages reflect my knowledge on the topics. I was panicy for time.

My advice to all who take these exam is first to read the question and don't look at the diagram/config until you have done so. All this does is waste your time. It took me half of this test to figure that out!

Thanks for everyone's help here, I really appreciated it! I can't wait to dive into my CCNP studies - BSCI first!

You did well. Congratulations!
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats!!!!!!!!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS!!!!

~Peanut Head
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

Good Luck on BSCI icon_study.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    127.0.0.1127.0.0.1 Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Good luck with your future studies.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops