Options

job placement in australia

ladiesman217ladiesman217 Member Posts: 416
I've seen a lot of news regarding manpower shortage in australia, is it possible to get a job sponsorhip there? anyone here knows a recruitment agency who considers recruiting overseas? I tried seek.com but every job there indicates you need to have a working visa to apply for the job. What i know is work visa things are made for the employer who want to sponsor an employee. any help or suggestion? thanks
No Sacrifice, No Victory.

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Hey dude, I live in Melbourne, Australia and have been in IT for little over 2.5 years. You are right that just about every job advert on seek.com.au requires to have a working visa/permanent residency/citizenship. Visit Department of Immigration at www.immi.gov.au and see if you accumulate enough points to get a permanent work visa. If you have the skills they need, and you reach the points threshold, there's going to be no more than a few months wait before you get permanent visa. Believe me, the process is pretty easy/simple, not as long-drawn as applying for a US green card.

Additionally, contrary to what some people say that there's not enough work in IT in OZ, there is actually a fair BOOM in the number of jobs and they pay bloody well too. I work for a govt company and get $62000 aussie dollars for desktop support which I think is pretty decent. Server support get an additional 10 grand or so.....
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I live in Melbourne too, i got the permanent residency last year.Its not really possible to get a job here until u arrive, visa or not.Agents here are not very proactive so don't waste your time if you don't even have a visa.
    It will take about 1 year to get the visa if you qualify.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    ladiesman217ladiesman217 Member Posts: 416
    thanks to both of you guys. I have already browse the immigration rules on how to secure a permanent visa but i don't meet the required 8 years of work experience for the skill assessment rules by ACS , that is because I fall with the RPL category. Regarding work visa i found out that i can't secure it myself...and probably I need an employer to sponsor me. as of now, I'm trying to find a more decent job in IT field locally to gain more experience.

All the best :)
    No Sacrifice, No Victory.
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,565 Mod
    I have a friend who went thro the same process of obtaining the work visa then got a job, he is very happy there.

I have a question guys, for those already there, will the permanent work visa permit you to bring your spouse, parents, children with you ?
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    UnixGuy wrote:
    I have a question guys, for those already there, will the permanent work visa permit you to bring your spouse, parents, children with you ?

It will allow you to bring your spouse and children under 18,not parents.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,565 Mod
    EdTheLad wrote:
    UnixGuy wrote:

It will allow you to bring your spouse and children under 18,not parents.

Mmm, so no way to invite your parents with you. Thanks for your response.

One last question, when you get the work visa, is there a way to get Australian passport ? how long does it take ?
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com