Options

PASSED CCENT!

flipmadflipmad Member Posts: 184
PASSED 961/1000

Im So RELIEVED!!

I can't tell you how much I appreciate this website and EVERYONE in this forum. Thank you sooooooooooo much.

On to ICND2

Comments

• Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats man, excellent score!!!!

How did you feel about the exam on a difficulty level 1-10? any tips for anyone studying for the ccent??

i assume your going to finish the icnd2 next???
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    I was actually expecting something much harder. Although I did start with the Sybex INTRO Book, CBT Nuggets, Cisco Press CCENT, and the Exam Cram CCENT. So I studied my ass off.

I lived on these forums and did flash cards, I even made MP3's of my study material and listened to them in my IPOD

Im ready to buy the next book, once you get the foundation it flows better. This next test is going to be MUCH harder and I dont want to underestimate it.
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass... The creating of Ipods is a first, but I can see the benefits in that idea! Again, good job and EXCELLENT score! Good luck on ICND2.

~Peanut Head
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats on the pass and the high score. Was there much Subnetting/CIDR notation on the test? How much of the cisco IOS was in there?
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    blake15 wrote:
    I was actually expecting something much harder.
    Don't worry, I'm sure Cisco will try to make up for it in the ICND2 exam. icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Yeah I anticipate ICND2 is going to be a very difficult exam.

I cant say much, but I recommend you understand subnetting and CIDR - I had to log into the IOS a couple times also.

But I have 2 2500s and a 2600 with a 2924 at the house that I play with. I will probably have to use them much more practicing for the ICND2 exam.
  • Options
    kevin31kevin31 Member Posts: 154
    Well done sounds like youo have worked hard! no doubt the ICND 2 will be harder.

Great Idea on the MP3 front any chance you'd share them please?
    LAB - 4 X 2651XM's 1 X 2620 3 X 2950 1 X 2509 AS 1 X 3550
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass, good luck with ICND2
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    Congrats. Good score -- sounds like you really prepared well!
  • Options
    CalderCalder Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations man!
    Bet you're dead chuffed with that score :D
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    blake15 wrote:
    I was actually expecting something much harder.

Be careful what you wish for! icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif

Congratulations, good luck with ICND2.
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Thanks guys. believe me I was not wishing for anything harder. I kept trying to beat Frame relay config into my brain and in the last week I found out that I didnt need it for ICND1 so there was some relief. There were a couple questions that I wasnt too sure about because the answers are soo similar. I think the Net+ actually prepared me well for the WLAN questions. And I seemed to catch on quickly with subnetting and Layer 2 communication.

The exam was not easy, I was just well prepared. There is NO way i am going to go into the ICND2 thinking it is going to be "easier than I thought"
  • Options
    My Background also helps. I am a NOC Supervisor and an ex Frame Relay technician. But I only started working with routers this year. But I have background with Firewall rules/NAT rules.
  • Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Awesome score! Now onto ICND2! GO GO GO! :D