Options

Why cant I pass the 70-210

geejageeja Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Need help ..
I have tried 3 time to pass my mcp 2000 ... my last score is a 604
I have read the MCP manuals from microsoft also cbt I get 800 on those also I have don trancender's and was getting 90, I also used cbt nuggets and free exam training web site ... I found that alote of the question on the real exam was different from what I have been studing
What do I need to pass this exam I have exprance in this field also I use the Pro 2000 alote and I have a lab at home
what am I doing wrong????????????

Comments

• Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Asides from the prep exams, what "Study Guides" (books) are you using?

Win2k proffesional should be an easy exam. It's really the easiest in the whole track.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    tschnabel99tschnabel99 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    A lot of the test is intuitive. It sounds like you have a variety of study materials. Are you practicing the tasks you study? For axample, do you know what happens to compressed and encrypted files and folders when you move them? Do you know how to redirect folders? Create a roaming and mandatory profiles? What about permissions? Do you know how to trouble shoot TCP/IP? These are things you can physically practice in the lab and are must knows! Go here and do all these 126 test questions in 20 question chunks and evaluate yourself.

http://www.certtutor.net/Index.cfm?Ad=1#

Also, stop studying what you already know. Concentrate on what you don't.

This is a very good site. If you have a problem geeting to the tests let me know. I just passed the 70-210 yesterday with an 890.
    Hain't no thang like a chicken wang!!
  • Options
    pad10029pad10029 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    the most important thing to do is to study the explanations for the questions on your practice test.
    i found that studying the explanations to the practice tests i took taught jusst as much if not a little more than reading my main study material.
    studying the explanations to practice test questions helps you to have a better overall understanding of topics.

also... find as many free practice tests that you can and take as many of them as possible, that can help you to not memorize answers from one specific test. when you can get above 90 on all of them then you should be ready.

i didn't think that 210 was such an easy exam, it's more specific than most in the mcsa track, which makes it more challenging.... things you just know how to do you have to be able to see them in the form of words.

try cert21's 400+ practice questions (too many to memorize)... you will pass.
  • Options
    geejageeja Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Reading that i do:
    MSwindows resource kit, &training Kit
    also sybex and exam cram
    I also use CB nuggets and test through cbts
    I tried to get to the sit but the URL did not work

Thanks all for your help .. I will try again in a week or so to do it again
  • Options
    tschnabel99tschnabel99 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just go to http://www.certtutor.net/ and you see the exams. You will have to register but it is safe....
    Hain't no thang like a chicken wang!!
  • Options
    cpatel1111cpatel1111 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Asides from the prep exams, what "Study Guides" (books) are you using?

Win2k proffesional should be an easy exam. It's really the easiest in the whole track.

hi, i passed it today on my first try with a 700, but test king.com is a good study guide and i also looked over the material in examcram book. i also bought the book.
    chirag patel
  • Options
    DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    70-210 can kick you in the behind if you're not ready for it, because it's a little misleading. It all really depends on how much experience you have using 2k as a network client in an MS domain environment, because that's where the focus really is. I had to learn alot more about 2k Server than I did 2k Pro before I felt comfortable taking the 70-210. Made studying for 70-215 cake, otoh. Most of my teachers recommend studying for the 70-210 and 70-215 together and taking them in tandem, and I would agree this is a wise policy. It's not the one I personally followed, but hey, no one ever accused me of doing things the easy way :)
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=