Options

640-801 material - enought to pass incd1?

ladiesman217ladiesman217 Member Posts: 416
i borrowed a book a from a friend but its titled 640-801 and i know that this exam has been discontinued. i want to ask if it is still sufficient to pass the incd1, i also have plans to acquire some router sims. your advice is highly appreciated.thanks
No Sacrifice, No Victory.

Comments

• Options
    remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    No. Get the test objectives from Cisco's site and get a book that covers the objectives. I have both the 801 and 802 books and the 802 book has quite a bit of material not covered in the 801 book.
  • Options
    flipmadflipmad Member Posts: 184
    Review the Exam Objectives they have added additional topics for the ICND1 exam.
  • Options
    LBC90805LBC90805 Member Posts: 247
    IF you have all the material for the 640-801 then I would say that would suffice for taking the new ICND1 exam. Though you can never have too many resources for reading and studying.

Personally I only studied the new Odom ICND1 book along with the CBTnuggets CCENT videos and used Packet Tracer. That was all I needed. Though I had tons of network theory under my belt from getting my Bachelor's in Business Admin and MIS.

The topics for the ICND1 should be covered by any Previous CCNA exam book, either 801 or 800 exams. Its all basic theory and configuring no more that RIP Version 2 and PPP encapsulation, which in regards is beyond easy.