Options

MeasureUp

AirborneDudeAirborneDude Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello, I bought a used book called ExamCram 2.

It came with MeasureUp v8.87 Copyright 2005. It has 773 questions, you can setup how big you want you practice tests to be from 29 questions to all 773...

I have currently been running through these practice exams using MeasureUp's software. I am spending an hour to 2 hours in the evening for the last week and will continue to do this. I am going to take the CompTIA exam middle or end of June.

My question is: Is MeasureUp ok for this?

I am also reading a book on Security+ to, and my employer has CBT's I am taking also, but I am mainly using the MeasureUp software and using the practice exams in the software to train with.

Will it work? Is MeasureUp what I should be using?

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've not personally used the MeasureUp software, so I could not tell you. I would recommend you continue to read your book so you can understand the fundamental concepts on the subject. Just knowing to answer questions does you no good if you do not know how you got to the answer. I would finish the book, the CBTs and then do the questions! Hope this helps and good luck on your studies.

~Peanut Head
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    peanutnoggin:

Thanks!!!! I appreciate you replying back.

I am a developer. I write software in .NET Framework. I have done some networking, but nothing dealing with much security on a network. This stuff isn't easy to grasp, I am having problems retaining the info in the book. I seem to do better when just running through practice tests.

I wonder how much the test has changed since my ExamCram 2 book was released, which was in 2005.

I read on here that the test will be changing again in Oct. of this year. I plan to be certified months before that though, so I not worried about that. But I am concerned about my book being out dated.

I work on a military contract, the military is requiring all personnel with Admin rights on the network to get Security+ Certified. Our company has told us, "Get your cert by Nov. or else..." Else meaning layoffs. I haven't studied like this since college, I am rusty with my studying techniques.

But I figured reading, CBT's, taking practice tests, I hopefully will get it first time around. Our company told us they will pay for a total of 3 tests. So if we fail the first, fail the second, we have a third chance, but I am planning on nailing it and passing the first time.

I am nervous now, but I think once I really learn it, I will be ok.

Thanks again...

BTW, can you refer me to anymore practice test type software. I hate depending on one source for practice tests. I have been using the practice test on here to, but I need more.
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    http://www.transcender.com/product.aspx?product_id=Cert-SY0-101&dept_id=110410
    http://www.selftestsoftware.com/product.aspx?product_id=SY0-101&dept_id=5061

(both are really the same company - so only buy one! :) )

But as the others have said, its really important to grasp the concepts, the questions you get on the final exam will be different from the ones you are practicing on and you will need to take what you have learned and apply it to them.

Good luck!
  • Options
    astorrs:

Thanks for the info... I have heard of selftestsoftware and have heard good things... so many I should just buy their package.

Thanks a lot...