Options

Second shot offer

kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
So I have registerd with microsoft for the second shot offer but I am wondering do i have to put the second shot promo code in when i register for the first exam or the second. I think I want to take the 70-270 on may 28 and then use the second shot to take it sometime in june. I will study from now till the first test but if i dont pass no biggie it will give me a look at the test and what to expect and i will get the second retake free. I think I might as well use it while I can. What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Im taking my 70-270 on June 5th. I rekkon i should be ok, i have done extensive reading, tests and sims but i still feel a bit dodgy, as always! - I have registered with the second shot voucher. it does say on the e-mail and page when you get the code that you must enter it when you register for the exam. One thing i dont understand is; when you enter the code, it doesnt tell you if you have entered it. in other words. how do you know its taken effect?

-> If you check the reciept it says: Voucher / Credit Card

???
    ~ wedge1988 ~ IdioT Certified~
    MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Two things.

1) You need to register for the first exam with the voucher code. Then if you don't pass, wait 24 hours for your failure to register with the registration computer then book the second repeat exam with the same voucher number then it will be discounted 100%.

2) The first test must be written by May 30th. The second attempt must be completed by June 30th. wedge1988 you need to move your exam date up a week. :)
  • Options
    wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
    wow, my bad icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

thanks astorrs, that may have saved me money! -> cheers dude.

have rescheduled for this coming tuesday. (20th may)

Hoping that i wont need the second shot offer, but its always useful to have it!

thanks again!
    ~ wedge1988 ~ IdioT Certified~
    MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese
  • Options
    gangxtagangxta Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    where does it state those dates?
  • Options
    gangxtagangxta Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    nevermind... i found it. It does state:

Register for the Microsoft Second Shot offer and take your first exam no later than May 31, 2008. If you do not pass on your first try, receive a free Second Shot at passing the exam through June 30, 2008.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/secondshot/details/popup.html
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Well my theory behind all this is to take the exam on may 26th which I havent studied for yet and I am almost positive that I wont pass. I want to do this to get a feel for the test. Then schdule the second test for june 29th and give myself a little over a month to study which should be enough. But if for some reason I pass on the first try then that is great but if not then I got a chance to take a real practice test and know what to expect and can ace it the next round. Anyone else think that sounds like a good idea?
  • Options
    AmpdChaosAmpdChaos Member Posts: 130
    That what i did.. I failed with an 609 i think its a real good idea because i knew i was close but wasnt really ready for the test. im schedule to retake it in a few weeks.. and now i know how its gonna be like
  • Options
    vincentnyc10vincentnyc10 Member Posts: 133
    gangxta wrote:
    nevermind... i found it. It does state:

Register for the Microsoft Second Shot offer and take your first exam no later than May 31, 2008. If you do not pass on your first try, receive a free Second Shot at passing the exam through June 30, 2008.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/secondshot/details/popup.html

so if you are taking an exam on may 31st...will u still qualify for this promo?
  • Options
    Yes as long as you register with a second shot voucher when booking the exam
  • Options
    astorrs wrote:
    Yes as long as you register with a second shot voucher when booking the exam

well i book my exam early this month until i saw this promo here. can i call up proxmetric and talk to them about it or it is too late?

when i register early this month, i dont remember seeing where to put in the promo code anywhere. so i just went to the prometric website to see at the registration page, all it ask for your name, address, etc., but i dont see any field for the promo code.
  • Options
    you enter it as a voucher code. Get a second shot voucher code then give them a call and ask them if you can add it.
  • Options
    astorrs wrote:
    you enter it as a voucher code. Get a second shot voucher code then give them a call and ask them if you can add it.

what do you mean? i register early this month so i didn't have the voucher code until i saw this promo today. i just registered with the 2nd shot voucher on microsoft website today so now i have a voucher code. so do u mean give them a call and give them my current voucher code?
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    I think you may find you have to cancel and re-book your exam.

I know someone who had to do this as the original exam wasnt booked using the Second Shot voucher code.
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    so do u mean give them a call and give them my current voucher code?

Yes, give them a call and ask them to cancel and re-book it with the second shot voucher number so if you don't make it you will have a free 2nd attempt, they should be accommodating. While you could try to do this online you should be able to keep the same time if you do it over the phone.