Options

Who is your favorite TE contributer?

cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
Mine is Schluep.

Everything he writes is very well written and full of great points and perspectives. He is very fair looks at both sides of a topic, unless there is someone grossly out of line and he needs to bring them back to reality in a hurry.

I picture his avatar soaring above the forum waiting for a thread to get out of line so he can swoop in and get it back on track.

Just my .02
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.

Comments

• Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dtlokee

He has disappeared recently however.

Next in line on the MS side would be Royal. An amazing understanding of the products he has studied/worked on.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    TechnowizTechnowiz Member Posts: 211
    Royal gets my vote as well. His 291 resource list really helped me get past the Beast.
  • Options
    hettyhetty Member Posts: 394
    Its an unfair question IMO but in alphabetical order so no one gets offended by their position.

Dynamik
    Mishra
    Royal
    Undomiel

You guys are like the A-team. There is probably one or two missing there also, not that you would be in any way the B-team. :)
  • Options
    thesemantheseman Member Posts: 230
    For me personally, I enjoy/get the most out of posts by (alphabetical):

dynamik
    royal
    sprkymrk

-Travis
  • Options
    coffeekingcoffeeking Member Posts: 305 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Like hetty said, it is not fair to list only one, mine goes here:

JDMurray
    MikeJ
    Keatron
    Turgon
    John H.
  • Options
    I think it goes without saying that all of the contributers of this site are appreciated. The site's success and reputation are built from a collective effort from ALL the contributers. That being said, I didn't ask who is the best was or who was the smartest...just your personal favorite.

I like all kinds of ice cream but my favorite is New York Vanilla.
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.
  • Options
    CabbageThe1CabbageThe1 Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I put in my vote for:

dynamik

Yay for awesome posts! :D
    If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style!
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    My favourite is ... MYSELF!!!

Ok ok, all ego aside there's a huge number here that are great contributers so I'll just name the first few that spring to mind as being great.

dynamik
    royal
    slowhand
    snadam
    sprkymrk
    keatron

All the rest of you are great as well so take a bow and give yourselves a pat on the back!

And thanks for not making fun of me for my lack of basic linux knowledge. :)
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'm tempted to start a "Who is on the B Team thread" :)

The great thing about this site is there are so many contributors with diverse areas and levels of expertise, and some of the ones mentioned above are particularly well versed, and choose to share with the rest of us.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think this is one of those things that really depends on your area of interest.

Keatron and Schluep are my personal favorites. eMeS has had a lot of really great posts recently too, and he's working his way to the top of my list.

JD does great with security and career-related information.

Mike, Turgon, DT (currently working long hours with Cisco voice), networker050184 (MIA for about 6 weeks), Pash, Paul Boz, BigHornSheep, and Ed do a lot on the Cisco side of things. At least, I think they do. A lot of what goes on over there is Greek to me, so I don't really know for sure ;)

Mark, Royal, and HeroPsycho really stand out for the MS material. Blargoe is at the top of the "B Team".

I think it helps a lot of to have people around the same level as you as well, both for sharing information and motivation. Snadam, Mishra, Cacharo and Tyrant come to mind. I have to admit though, I only added this section, so I could intentionally exclude Undomiel. His big head just wouldn't fit.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think these types of posts really shouldn't be created. All it creates is bad feelings for people that have helped but are not included in the list, or even for people that were included lower in the list, etc... Everyone has a key part on this community and makes TE what it is. Do we really need posts like this that makes some people feel better about themselves and some people feel bad for not being included?
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    For me personally it just means I need to strive harder so that I can make dynamik's list some day. But then again I'm rather competitive like that. :)
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thats why I'm only posting a personal favorite as the OP asked for. Posting one personal favorite (I should have only posted 1 : ) isn't that bad as you aren't trying to create a list of a bunch of people and accidentally excluding 1 or 2.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    +1 to what Royal said icon_confused.gif
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    Let me again clarify my rationale behind creating this thread

This was by no means meant to be a popularity contest, if it ends up that way I apologize. The thread was created to share opinions about contributers to others who otherwise may not have known who they are. If someone as a result of this thread seaches into a particular members history and gains from the knowledge they shared....great. I hope they do. Bad feelings is certainly not all that can come of a thread like this.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I know there were no bad intentions from this thread. I understand completely why you created it. I'm just letting it be known how some people can perceive it. Not everyone always takes into perspective how everyone can perceive something. That's impossible. All of us do actions that do not take into account everybody else's feelings. I was merely letting explaining how I see it being perceived in a negative fashion for some users for the reason I stated in my last post.

I do know everybody's intentions were positive. But that doesn't mean it can't be seen in a negative manner from some users and have them be really offended by it. I'm just trying to look out for those people.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think this is a fun thread. Im surprised I got a mention on it at all..twice it seems so

thanks for that! I would like to put more into this forum but my time is somewhat

constrained. In fact just recently even my after work CCIE studies have been put on hold

because of work demands. That does finally seem to be paying off at work at least so

hopefully soon I can get back on the CCIE horse. But not just yet..work is still the

priority and exhausting!

I like to get around as many forums as I can (even if the details are lost on me these days)

because I have been there, at least a few years ago *grin*. Im impressed with the workethic

of people on here, reminding me of how I started out and if I can help them I surely will. I

do enjoy helping bring people through if I can. I just wish I had more time to do it.

As for popularity, well your assesment of this is often tempered by the feedback on what you

*need*. If you cruise MSforums you will rate the 'heads' there highly and rightly so and

perhaps have less need for good advice in other areas where it is freely given by some very

capable people.

Another thing to consider is that responses may be given under duress at work and at home,

but still sent with the best of intentions so don't read *too* much into it. Inflection in

written reponses must be taken with a pinch of salt.

I have no favorites myself but certainly many contributions have not gone unnoticed. I do

think Mike does a stirling service and dynamik too, but there are many others..too many too

list!
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think the award for the coolest member should be 'snadam' icon_lol.gificon_cool.gif

I am aware of all the good intentions, and indeed we have some excellent contributors letting us pick their brain. However, lets not forget the people that have the courage to ask the questions. We wouldn't have such good answers without people asking the good questions...
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    snadam wrote:
    I think the award for the coolest member should be 'snadam' icon_lol.gificon_cool.gif

I am aware of all the good intentions, and indeed we have some excellent contributors letting us pick their brain. However, lets not forget the people that have the courage to ask the questions. We wouldn't have such good answers without people asking the good questions...

Yup, that's very true as well!
  • Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Too many to mention. This board has helped me with notes, questions answered, taking part in discussions.

Thanks to Johan and to the regular posters on this website.
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Webmaster is my favorite. Without him this site would not exist.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    snadam wrote:
    Turgon wrote:
    that's very true as well!

YES! icon_lol.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,035 Admin
    sthomas wrote:
    Well, I'm glad someone finally thanked the man who makes this all happen. I realize that he's not posting much these days in the public forums, but Johan is definitely my favorite TE poster. :brownnose:
  • Options
    wheelywheely Member Posts: 105
    Mishra, Royal, Dynamik, Undominal, Slowhand and Mark are my picks.
  • Options
    sir_creamy_sir_creamy_ Inactive Imported Users Posts: 298
    I personally enjoy my comments the most as they keep a healthy balance of humour and controversy on the boards. Without me this place would turn into Guantanamo with the SoCal boogie-man madly cracking his whip the moment a counter point is proposed. icon_cool.gif
    Bachelor of Computer Science

[Forum moderators are my friends]
  • Options
    sir_creamy_sir_creamy_ Inactive Imported Users Posts: 298
    I have concluded that dynamik does not require sleep or nourishment.

Also, Mike drives a jag and wears a crown to bed. Probably the kind of guy who gives CAT5 cable as a birthday present :)
    Bachelor of Computer Science

[Forum moderators are my friends]
  • Options
    Despite the good intentions of this thread, popularity contests are just more fun icon_cool.gif
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    blargoe wrote:
    Despite the good intentions of this thread, popularity contests are just more fun icon_cool.gif

and if you havent noticed, I already won the cool award icon_cool.gif
    Turgon wrote:
    Turgon wrote:
    that's very true as well!

• Options
    Sweet... B team...
    IT guy since 12/00

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    JDMurray wrote:
    sthomas wrote:
    Well, I'm glad someone finally thanked the man who makes this all happen. I realize that he's not posting much these days in the public forums, but Johan is definitely my favorite TE poster. :brownnose:
    You're definitely my favorite too JD icon_lol.gif

I really like there's not a clear line between teachers and students here, someone with an A+ can be as valuable to an MCSE as a CCIE to a CCNA and vice versa whether it's with answers, directions, or just some encouragement. :)
    royal wrote:
    Everyone has a key part on this community and makes TE what it is.
    Nothing to add to that, just wanted to quote it.