Who is your favorite TE contributer?

13»

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,039 Admin
    Slowhand wrote:
    BeaverC32 wrote:
    Where does my Beaver rate in terms of ugliness? icon_lol.gif
    Well, dang. I didn't know we were the kind of forum that talked about each others' beavers. . . icon_lol.gif
    This is the ugliest beaver I ever saw:

1565925149_lrg.jpg
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Wow thats one ugly beaver!!

Alright here's my rediculously long list (note i've been on a major project this week so there is a server lack of sleep which may make my memory fail)

keatron, sprkymrk, webmaster, jd, slowhand, ajs1976, edthelad, scheulp, mishra, blargoe, royal, beaverc32, turgon, snadam, pash, sthomas, heropsycho, dynamik, mikej412, ahriakin, networker, dtlokee, nl, mrd, itdude, seuss_ssues, and i'm sure i forgot many others.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    sthomas wrote:
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Note: If any of you feel you deserve a mention here (and you certainly do) let me know and I'll make an appropriate award. However, no one else will get the ugly-avatar award from my buddy Mike unless it's REALLY ugly. icon_lol.gif

I am actually not to concerned if I get mentioned or not, but I am curious what kind of award you would give me. Perhaps the sexiest TE member? j/k icon_lol.gif

Uhh, yeah, that's what all the girls here say about you.... I, uhhh, guess....

Sexiest (in his own mind) TE member: sthomas :P
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    undomiel wrote:
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Note: If any of you feel you deserve a mention here (and you certainly do) let me know and I'll make an appropriate award. However, no one else will get the ugly-avatar award from my buddy Mike unless it's REALLY ugly. icon_lol.gif

Oooh pick me! Pick me! I need the attention.

The award for the nicest guy who could have flamed me but didn't when I jumped on his post thinking he was jumping on someone else when he really wasn't: undomiel :D

icon_arrow.gifhttp://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=221215#221215
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Woohoo!!! Nobody will be able to take that reward from me 'cause you don't see sprkymrk jumping over just anyone!

You know now that I look over that post again it really was easy to think it was directed at KGhaleon instead of HP. Sorry KGhaleon!
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    sprkymrk: Award for posting the most times without ever being the 2nd one to get in the topic (look through his posts, its real!)
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    So on the topic of rewards who would win the reward for the most technical questions asked not leading to a conclusive answer?
  • Options
    Mishra wrote:
    sprkymrk: Award for posting the most times without ever being the 2nd one to get in the topic (look through his posts, its real!)

Thank you, thank you very much. (bows)
    I'd like to thank my mother for raising me in a good home and always being there for me. I'd like to thank all my friends who made this day possible. And I'd like to thank.... hey, is this mic turned on? Hello? Testing, 1,2,3....
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Biggest Hat: snadam :P

well you know what they say about people with big hats, right? icon_lol.gif

and yes I do realize im leaving myself open here, I just couldnt think of anything witty.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    snadam wrote:
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Biggest Hat: snadam :P

well you know what they say about people with big hats, right? icon_lol.gif

and yes I do realize im leaving myself open here, I just couldnt think of anything witty.
    Oh, don't worry. We'll let this one slip. Next time, though. . . ZING! :P

And JDMurray wins. His is the ugliest beaver I've ever seen. (But special, in its own unique way.)

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    "Nice beaver!"
    "Thanks, I just had it stuffed!"

(Naked Gun)
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    JD also gets the most shameless plug for out-of-print book designation. Maybe it's still floating around eBay as a collector's item.
  • Options
    Plugs and beavers, oh my. . .
    Ever notice how oddball jokes can take topics in weird directions? :D

Still, I'm very impressed with how this thread has stayed away from flaming and been kept in the spirit of friendly banter, despite the potential for egos to clash and bad blood to boil up.

• Options
    Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wow, this list could be long. I've seen quite a few good posters come through these forums and the reason they come is because of the environment that Webmaster and Mods have created.

Great job TE.
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Not that I think anyone is losing sleep over it but the reason I haven't contributed to this post is as some have said it's too easy to miss folks, and where do you draw the line? Obviously it all starts with Johan and the works down through the various mods but a forum like this cannot exist without quality members all around, even with strong moderation enough malcontents can destroy a forum. TE is absolutely the best knowledge center on the web, imho, for the wealth of info. and the attitude of the mods/members. Kudos all.

Ps. Sprky is there an award for most Irish Cisco nut?
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    ajs1976 needs a shout out for helping me a lot

You may learn something!
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mishra wrote:

thanks
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    ajs1976 wrote:
    Mishra wrote:

thanks

Your welcome Citrix god.

You may learn something!
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Slowhand wrote:
    Still, I'm very impressed with how this thread has stayed away from flaming and been kept in the spirit of friendly banter, despite the potential for egos to clash and bad blood to boil up.

Maybe we're all just so secure with who we are, we don't have to anonymously bash people on the internet in order to feel better about ourselves.

and/or

We're smart enough to know the moment we brag about how we know more than someone else, ten other people will come out and say, "We know things you don't."

icon_lol.gif

Personally, I really don't take myself too seriously, and I couldn't care less about making a list like this (not that I don't appreciate the kind words). I'm just looking for intelligent conversations and basic respect, and I haven't had a problem finding either here.

It's really interesting to hear everyone's thoughts on this subject. I actually like Schluep's ability to "ramble on with a long post". I can find the syntax for some command with Google. I love hearing about others real-world experiences. That's stuff I can't find in a textbook. That just goes to show you, everyone has something to offer somebody.
  • Options
    SchluepSchluep Member Posts: 346
    Slowhand wrote:
    EdTheLad wrote:
    47 replies and only one slight mention of my name.U ungrateful b******s, i'm outta here, bye bye TE, my self esteem has hit an all time low.Where did it all go wrong?

I hear ya, brother. If I don't get at least two more mentions before the thread dies, I'm crawling into a bottle and never coming out. icon_lol.gif

This kind of thread really puts things into perspective, when you think about it. Now that I've discovered that people actually read the insane drivel that I write, I really should think about using a spell-checker, or something. (The drunken rambling will continue, of course. I'd hate to disappoint.)

FYI: You had already had 2 when you posted that icon_lol.gif
    dynamik wrote:
    aybe we're all just so secure with who we are, we don't have to anonymously bash people on the internet in order to feel better about ourselves.

and/or

We're smart enough to know the moment we brag about how we know more than someone else, ten other people will come out and say, "We know things you don't."

Personally, I really don't take myself too seriously, and I couldn't care less about making a list like this (not that I don't appreciate the kind words). I'm just looking for intelligent conversations and basic respect, and I haven't had a problem finding either here.

It's really interesting to hear everyone's thoughts on this subject. I actually like Schluep's ability to "ramble on with a long post". I can find the syntax for some command with Google. I love hearing about others real-world experiences. That's stuff I can't find in a textbook. That just goes to show you, everyone has something to offer somebody.

Very well said. You are correct in that people here all have so much to offer. A combination of entirely different levels of education, experience, knowledge, and certification makes it so that depending on where we are at certain posters may be better in a position to help us. For example, someone not planning to be involved at all with Security might not appreciate (or even be reading) the medical or coke analogies that Keatron makes (or one of his stories creating a duplicate smart card by standing next to them), but greatly appreciates the help from someone who just got their CCNA and can explain something they couldn't understand while studying for their own. Even people not planning to offer something but just coming to learn can often be exactly what someone needs when they come here with a question.

Now, to get back on a less serious note again, who thinks dynamik was trying to get some more +1's with that highly insightful post in the midst of this thead?
  • Options
    Ahriakin wrote:
    Ps. Sprky is there an award for most Irish Cisco nut?

Why yes, I was just about to award that when I saw your post! :P

Most Irish Cisco Nut award: (drum roll please)....................... Ahriakin icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    And on a sincere note......

I have seen a number of very impressive and insightful posts by these members recently (and in the past) and would like to award them at this time:

Most sensible and insightful (even if sometimes longwinded): Slowhand and Schluep :D

And...

Someone "I would like to mention but can't think of why" award: Silver Bullet (Maybe just because it's a cool name). icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    sprkymrk wrote:
    And on a sincere note......

I have seen a number of very impressive and insightful posts by these members recently (and in the past) and would like to award them at this time:

Most sensible and insightful (even if sometimes longwinded): Slowhand and Schluep :D

And...

Someone "I would like to mention but can't think of why" award: Silver Bullet (Maybe just because it's a cool name). icon_cool.gif
    Why thank you, sprkymrk. I still think you're nuts for sitting and reading all the way through my rambling. icon_lol.gif

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I'd have to say my favorite poster is networker050184 because he always says exactly what I'm thinking!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    I'd have to say my favorite poster is networker050184 because he always says exactly what I'm thinking!

Break recursive loop!
  • Options

Gadzooks, that's just what I was about to say! icon_eek.gif