Options

Looking for Labs for ICND2

LBC90805LBC90805 Member Posts: 247
Hello folks, currently studying for the ICND2 exam. Just reasing the Odom ICND2 book and watching the CBTnugget videos. Also have the new Lammle books which I have yet to crack open. Was wondering if there are any books with labs in them. I do not have any equipment right now and I'm currently using Packet Tracer. I can fart around on Packet Tracer setting things up and configuring devices but it seems that I'm just doing things aimlessly without much direction.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    Practice what you need to learn. Do you need to learn ACL's? Set up a lab with 3 routers, three switches, pc's on two of the switches and servers on the other. Get them all working together, meaning you can also practice routing protocols and classless subnetting. Connect the routers using serial links so now you can practice setting the clock rate for the DCE and DTE sides. Set up the servers with a web page. I usually modify the web page to display the IP of the server so I know if the ACL is working correctly. Make a lab out of what you want to learn.
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Lammle's book will have some hands on labs beginning around chapter 4 or 5. You can also look into Chris Bryant's material for around 70 bucks or so. He has some labs with his study package! The best thing to do is to try to get some equipment to practice on with these labs! Hope this helps.

~Peanut Head
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker