Options

How can I save a password-protected PDF?

binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
I need to fill a a form which is a PDF form, but I can only fill it out and print it. I need to send it to someone else for review.

Is there any away I can save this. This is a public form, so I'm not sure why they password-protect it.

icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Could you fill it out and then use something like PDF Creator to create a new PDF? It installs like a printer, so that might work.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    Could you fill it out and then use something like PDF Creator to create a new PDF? It installs like a printer, so that might work.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/

awesome application BTW! I think though (unless there are other versions im unaware of, it prints the entire document like an image, so you cant really edit fields after you use PDF creator. Could be wrong though as Ive never tried it.

I THINK I know what you're getting at. I know how to do this with MS word, but unsure about PDF's. Do you have adobe acrobat at your disposal? Should be able to conjure something up with that.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Correct. My understanding was that he simply wanted to fill it out and send that as a PDF to someone else. They would not be able to edit it. You'd probably have to download the trial or buy the full version of Acrobat to do anything more involved.
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    Correct. My understanding was that he simply wanted to fill it out and send that as a PDF to someone else. They would not be able to edit it. You'd probably have to download the trial or buy the full version of Acrobat to do anything more involved.

ooooh, I was thinking fill out on your workstation, not with a pen & paper icon_redface.gif

yes, PDF creator will work for that scenario.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security