Options

telnet client with tabs

fonquefonque Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am looking for a telnet client that utilizes tabs. I am currently using tera term and putty, but I do not care for either one, since I have to have a separate window open for every active session ssh or telnet session.

any help appreciated.
I program my heart to beat breakbeats and hum basslines in exhalation.... matter, verse, spirit

Comments

• Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    try mRemote on sourceforge. It utilizes tabs plus is an administrative console for many times of remote connectivity including SSH, Telnet, RDP, VNC, SSL, ICA, and others

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mremote/
  • Options
    stevi3stevi3 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    There is also an addon for PuTTY too:

http://puttycm.free.fr/#

Dont know if its exactly what you're looking for though.
  • Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I use Puttytabs...it's just an extension for putty: http://www.raisin.de/putty-tabs/putty-tabs.html
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just checked out mRemote, and I prefer it over the addon. Nice find.
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Very nice find with mRemote. I too was using PuTTy Connection Manager.... mRemote rocks.
  • Options
    LuckycharmsLuckycharms Member Posts: 267
    I like the look of Mremote too... I have been using SecureCRT for along time.. and an addon pack for RPC...and VNC.. But I am going to pickup Mremote and start using that now..
    The quality of a book is never equated to the number of words it contains. -- And neither should be a man by the number of certifications or degree's he has earned.
  • Options
    spike_tomahawkspike_tomahawk Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Im throwing my support in for mRemote, perfect for what I need in my lab workings.
  • Options
    mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would go with SecureCRT, I've used it for years and im addicted to the tabs. Especially when
    doing labs.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Another vote for SecureCRT.
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions,
    I will have to try these when I get home from work today.

mremote
    putty tabs
    secure crt

Is securecrt free?
    I program my heart to beat breakbeats and hum basslines in exhalation.... matter, verse, spirit
  • Options
    marlon23marlon23 Member Posts: 164 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Another vote for CRT (50$) and SecureCRT ($100). CRT is used on CCIE lab ;)
    LAB: 7609-S, 7606-S, 10008, 2x 7301, 7204, 7201 + bunch of ISRs & CAT switches
  • Options
    remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    I personally use Poderosa. It is a real good client that also supports ssh.
  • Options
    marlon23marlon23 Member Posts: 164 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Poderosa is nice, however: It crash when using SSH with Cisco Switches. Doesn't have possibility to save all sessions into one file. Also crash when connection is lost. This is almost knockout for a heavy usage.
    LAB: 7609-S, 7606-S, 10008, 2x 7301, 7204, 7201 + bunch of ISRs & CAT switches
  • Options
    I have tried all suggestions posted so far except for CRT and mremote is by far my favorite!!

Also poderosa seemed kinda buggy when I used it, it crashed alot.
  • Options
    APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Another vote for SecureCRT here....

SecureCRT is a licenses product though so have to pay for it......

I'm keen to check out this mRemote though :D

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • Options
    Paule123Paule123 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wow, i've always just used DOS icon_redface.gif

mRemote seems great :D
  • Options
    suffahsuffah Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I use secureCRT at work and putty at home.

mRemote is pretty awesome, I might switch to it at home now.
  • Options
    IncInc Member Posts: 184
    SecureCRT for tabs and scripting.
    Pytty when on the move (portableapps.com)
  • Options
    mthomas22mthomas22 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Is it possible to paste or send a text file to a telnet or SSH session with mRemote? I've been playing around with it for a little bit now and can't figure out how to.
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't believe it is right now. If you email the developer he might be able to add it in. He is very open to suggestions
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    gojericho0 wrote:
    try mRemote on sourceforge. It utilizes tabs plus is an administrative console for many times of remote connectivity including SSH, Telnet, RDP, VNC, SSL, ICA, and others

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mremote/

Awesome find there I love it I was using PuttyCM before.
  • Options
    StoticStotic Member Posts: 248
    Any way to take off the quickedit (blackclick paste) in mRemote? I work in a very volatile environment and I don't want to make an accidental mistake with it. And is there a way to perform tracerts?
  • Options
    Stotic wrote:
    Any way to take off the quickedit (blackclick paste) in mRemote? I work in a very volatile environment and I don't want to make an accidental mistake with it. And is there a way to perform tracerts?

I havent figured out way to shut off quickedit. I dont think there is one because mremote is just an application that is running ebedded instances of PuTTY.

mremote will not run traceroutes on its own.
  • Options
    mattrgeemattrgee Member Posts: 201
    Or just use WinTabber.

Even if the program doesn't support tab, doesn't mean you can't tab it.

http://www.wintabber.com/
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I'm going to add my vote for SecureCRT. I've been using it for a couple of years; started a a prior job with an ISP/datacenter, and I've been hooked ever since.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    AndretiiAndretii Member Posts: 210
    The only thing mRemote is missing is a network scanner icon_sad.gif
    XBL: Andretii

"I have 16 Millions different ways of pinging myself. Sounded kind of dirty but that's not how I meant it." J. Conrad

Working on:
    VCP4 » 0%
    LPIC-1 » 0%
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    mattrgee wrote:
    Or just use WinTabber.

Even if the program doesn't support tab, doesn't mean you can't tab it.

http://www.wintabber.com/

Yea, that's pretty cool. I came across that in the GNS3 tutorial a week or two ago. Very handy!
  • Options
    kevin31kevin31 Member Posts: 154
    Guys,

Want to thank you all pointing me in the direction of mremote great bit of software so much functionality and its FREEEEEEEEEEEEE!

One question how you setup the port speed for a telnet sesesion to a cisco using mremote?

Cause hyperterminal and others give you the option to set your speeds

thanks

Kevin
    LAB - 4 X 2651XM's 1 X 2620 3 X 2950 1 X 2509 AS 1 X 3550
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    kevin31 wrote:
    Guys,

Want to thank you all pointing me in the direction of mremote great bit of software so much functionality and its FREEEEEEEEEEEEE!

One question how you setup the port speed for a telnet sesesion to a cisco using mremote?

Cause hyperterminal and others give you the option to set your speeds

thanks

Kevin
    Don't know if you know or not but mRemote is now EOL, it's being merged with vRD from visionapp and will be released as vRD 2008 R2 - it should be pretty damn awesome to have two of the best utilities combined into one - only catch of course is it won't be free anymore... icon_sad.gif

http://www.visionapp.com/products/remote-desktop/vrd-and-mremote.html
  • Options
    kryollakryolla Member Posts: 785
    I use procomm plus at work its great for writing scripts sort of like expect for sun boxes.
    Studying for CCIE and drinking Home Brew