Options

Remember that ol' laptop thread?

c0d3_w0lfc0d3_w0lf Member Posts: 117
Well, I finally made a purchase. I went through xoticpc.com after not finding anything even close to the same thing with the same price. Here's what I got:

ASUS M50SV-A1 Customizable Laptop

15.4" WXGA+ "Glare Type" Super Clear Ultra Bright Glossy Screen (1440x900)
Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound
ASUS Zero Bright Dot (ZBD) Pixel Guarantee
Intel® T9300 45nm "Penryn" Core™2 Duo 2.5GHz w/6MB L2 On-die cache - 800MHz FSB
512MB PCI-Express nVidia GeForce 9500M GS DX10
4,096MB (2 SODIMMS) DDR2 667MHz Dual Channel Memory (Requires Vista 64-Bit to recognize Full 4GB)
Standard Finish
Combo Dual Layer SuperMulti 8X DVDRW Drive w/ Software
250GB SATA 150 5400RPM Asus Default Hard Drive
Internal 8-in-1 Card Reader: MMC/SD/Mini-SD/XD/Memory Stick/MS Pro/MS Duo/MS Pro Duo
Internal Bluetooth 2.0+ EDR
Built-in Intel® PRO/Wireless 4965 802.11 a/g/n
Built in 1.3Megapixel Camera
Sound Blaster Compatible 3D Audio - Included
Basic Black Business Case - Included
Smart Li-ion Battery (6-Cell)
Full Range Auto Switching AC Adapter - Included
Integrated Fingerprint Reader
Asus USB Optical Mouse
Full Size Notebook Cooler - Dual Fans - USB Powered
~Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit w/ Drivers & Utilities CD's - ENS
2 Year ASUS GLOBAL Warranty, 24/7 Tech Support, 1 Year Accidental Damage Coverage & 2-Way Pre-Paid Overnight Shipping for Repairs
FREE! 160GB External USB Hard Drive ($89 Value)

Since I ordered it Friday, they're still "processing" the order. I hope it doesn't take too long, I got expedited shipping because I CAN'T WAIT for it to get here. :P

For so long have I waited, scrimped, and saved...and now finally, IT IS MINE. A nice side benefit from this whole experience is I've learned a lot about laptops and learned more of the specifics behind pieces of hardware.
There is nothing that cannot be acheived.

Comments

• Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    c0d3_w0lf wrote:
    For so long have I waited, scrimped, and saved...and now finally, IT IS MINE. A nice side benefit from this whole experience is I've learned a lot about laptops and learned more of the specifics behind pieces of hardware.

Good for you c0d3_w0lf. What's your plans for your laptop? I'm assuming gaming... let us know how it runs... especially curious to know how Vista will handle the amount of resources that's made available to its OS!

~Peanut Head
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    livenliven Member Posts: 918
    NICE!!!

Some folks are not big asus fans but I love them.

I have a laptop I got from them almost 4 years ago and it still runs GREAT!!!

Enjoy!
    encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.
  • Options
    CabbageThe1CabbageThe1 Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I Built my buddy a Laptop on a ASUS Barebone and it still runs great. ASUS make an awesome laptop.

You will LOVE it :D
    If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style!
  • Options
    SchluepSchluep Member Posts: 346
    Congratuation on a good choice. I think I need to contact xoticpc and convince them to set up some sort of referral system for me :D . About the 10th person I recommended that got a great deal there along with a good cutomer service experience.
  • Options
    c0d3_w0lfc0d3_w0lf Member Posts: 117

Good for you c0d3_w0lf. What's your plans for your laptop? I'm assuming gaming... let us know how it runs... especially curious to know how Vista will handle the amount of resources that's made available to its OS!

~Peanut Head

Gaming is a big part of it, but I'm also going to be running VMWare and possibly Dynamips as well. I'm looking forward to playing with Vista, as I haven't had a chance to use it yet. With the amount of power in that little lappy I'm thinking Vista should run pretty smoothly.

Schluep - that might be a good idea! Might as well see if you can get something out of it, right? :P
    There is nothing that cannot be acheived.