Options

File association

Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
Hi

We have a number of users now that have dropped their association with .TIFF

Its not difficult to fix but i would like to know if this can be done via GPO

Could it even be the GPO thats doing this, we have had a new server installed 3 weeks ago and since then about 5 clients have had this issue

Any info would be great

Lee H

Comments

• Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    These settings are contained within the registry (HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT), I cannot think of a GPO off the top of my head that could do this but these could be scripted and called from a logon script.
    Lee H wrote:
    Could it even be the GPO thats doing this, we have had a new server installed 3 weeks ago and since then about 5 clients have had this issue

A GPO wouldnt get introduced just from installing a new server you would need to have setup the GPO within AD.

Possibly a software distribution/patch could have changed this and altered the file association, has anything like this been deployed within the last 3 weeks?

Also if it was GPO I would expect to see more than 5 clients affected (however this does depend on how many users you have & how AD is setup)
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Thanks Sie

As far as I am aware nothing has been installed on the 5 clients that would indicate why this is happening

Most obvious fix would be what you said, log in script to edit the registry

Thanks mate

Lee H
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you can't find a GP entry, you could create an ADM as well that has the correct registry key entry for the type of file association then deploy that through GP