Options

server 2000

kwickcutkwickcut Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
i am not sure if this is the rite forum but i am lost and have tryed about 10 diffrent sites and end up with nothing... if this is not the rite forum could you please please point me to the rite one.....

i have server 2000 advanced on a 1.33 amd and 1 gig ram with 15 gig hd. i have the domain docked at dnspark and have it set up as dymanic and have a program called dynsite for windows that updated the ip for the domain name as my ip will not issue a static ip dynsite for windows is fully updated so it does see the changes in the ip and the domain is pointed at the rite location..

this is what i have done so far.. i have loaded the site i want to host to C/inetpub/wwwroot. now i was told once that was done i should be able to see the site online but i can not and after 8 weeks for trying everything i can think of i am at a loss.. now there is one more thing i have this server behind a router and have opened ports 80 and 81 and have checked Protocol TCP and Protocol UDP and in IP Address Enable i placed the ip for the server as the manufactor of the router said these are needed to be open to host websites and still no go... i have tryed to log onto the site from the server and all i get is redirected to a search engine.. i get this even when i use the ip or wam and even the url for the site.now i have not set up anything else and really dont know how to but really want to learn.. i can make the sites but dont know how to host them from home.. i am really in a bind as this is a site for my tae kwon do school and we have bin down for almost 10 weeks now.. so as it goes i need help real bad thanks in advance to anyone who can help

kwick

Comments

• Options
    nyma96nyma96 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Im not 100% sure but I heard that ISP's block certain ports for incoming connection...to my knowledge almost all of the ISP's dont allow you to run your own server...at least thats the case in NYC...but I think there is a way to host your own site at home...not too sure where but try checking google...

One more thing I tried this also using dyndns(?).org and netgear router but something didnt work out with the netgear router...setting dmz isnt simple as it looks...

sorry couldnt be any help...but I think there is alot of info on google...
  • Options
    thanks for the input!!!! i know i can hot from home as i was before a friend was helping but the problem was the the hole site was not showing up.. so being dumb as i am i tryed to restart from scratch and now i am stuck!!! my buddy has no time to help as he just had 3 new ones arrive and they are buliding a new house on his own pluss his reg job on top of all that so i am at a loss thanks again for the input icon_lol.gif

kwick
  • Options
    RexelRexel Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Some routers use port 80 to facilitate web administration ... if you can find the settings to turn off this feature or redirect it to another port, delete any current ports mapped to 80 and reassign it to your internal private network ip .... this could be the problem.
    Question: from a computer within the firewall (not the one running IIS), type in the webpage address and see if it opens your TKD page.
  • Options
    thanks i have already tryed that and no go

kwick
  • Options
    You can't see the webpage internally as well?
  • Options
    well i can tell ya this i went to the admin tools then internet services manager and in there went to defalt website and rite clicked it then selected browse and it opens internet explorer and it comes up page can not be found

kwick
  • Options
    thanks all i got it was the IIS check it out if thats ok
    http://www.disciplesofmartialarts.com/

kwick
  • Options
    good to hear you're sorted. are you in the testing photo? which one is you?

By the way .. a few links aren't working .. heres one of them:
    http://www.disciplesofmartialarts.com/892002BOBLACKANDBLACKBELT.htm
  • Options
    thanks bro i am reworking the hold site and hope to have it up as soon as monday but maybe as late as friday hopefully by then i will have all the link issues worked out thanks

kwick