2007 objectives or not?

yourmysinyourmysin Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm a bit confused now. One of my friends recently passed the network+ and his exam results say network+(2007). Well, I have the older 2005 objectives.

After looking around the comptia website, the only objectives I could find are for 2005. I have read another post similar where the guy said the 2007 was just for show. Any new objectives would be published on the website.

Anyways, I'm just looking for a little information here. Thanks :)

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    There's been a lot of debate about the 2005/2007 Network+ change. There is a "new" exam in place, but the exam code (N10-003) hasn't changed and CompTIA hasn't announced any changes to the objectives on their site. What does that mean? Probably that the existing exam has been re-released with some updates, like spelling corrections and bug-fixes. Until you see an actual change announced from CompTIA, it's safe to assume that what the exam covers hasn't changed.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    yourmysin wrote:
    I'm a bit confused now. One of my friends recently passed the network+ and his exam results say network+(2007). Well, I have the older 2005 objectives.

After looking around the comptia website, the only objectives I could find are for 2005. I have read another post similar where the guy said the 2007 was just for show. Any new objectives would be published on the website.

Anyways, I'm just looking for a little information here. Thanks :)

The objectives on the CompTIA website would be the most updated. So if you study everything on that list you will be fine.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    The year only reflect the YEAR when the exam was taken.

The code is current N10-003 and correct for right now.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • ShawnSmithShawnSmith Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Plantwiz wrote:
    The year only reflect the YEAR when the exam was taken.
    I took mine on the 20th (of this year) and it said it was the 2007 edition. So I'm not sure what you mean by that?

I looked on the CompTIA website, and it said under my history. So, I'm not sure why my score sheet says the 2007 edition, but the site is telling me 2005.
    Meh, oh well I guess. I'm just glad I passed.
    (JK0-012) E2C Network+ Certification Exam 2005 (JK0-012) - Passed

• IA-DaigakuseiIA-Daigakusei Member Posts: 79 ■■■□□□□□□□
    (JK0-012) E2C Network+ Certification Exam 2005 (JK0-012) - Passed

What exactly is the difference between the (JK0-012) E2C Network+ exam and the N10-003 Network+ exam?

Yes, I am not clear on the whole 2007 edition.. I have a book that was released in 2007, but I'm afraid that it might not have made the 2007 cutoff for the 2007 edition of the Network exam. Is it really just the 2005 re-invented?
    Working on: NOTHING
    Left To Do: EVERYTHING
  • LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    The objectives are the same for Network+ for 2005 and 2007. They updated questions and fixed errors, but the test number is the same. The 2005 objectives are still in place, a lot of people get freaked out about this, but study the objectives from CompTIA and you will be okay. When the new test comes out, the test number (N10-003) will change, and it hasn't changed since you guessed it....2005