Options

Bring on the Beast!

Hey gang,
Well a few hours ago I passed the 70-270 with a 794. I studied 3 weeks using preplogic and the technotes on this site. I'm just glad I didn't have any flat tires on the way to the test center this time. On my way home, I did however see a Micro Center (it's a super computer store with LOTS of 'toys'). So, I had to stop in and check something new stuff out. I ended up leaving $140 poor'er. I got myself a Razer gaming mouse and gaming speedpad (keypad).

So now I got my 70-270, 70-290, and security+......so that means I have a have a fight scheduled with 70-291 to get my MCSA.

Bring it on!

(actually, first let me play Star Wars II: Battlefront this weekend.....then bring it)
WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)

Comments

• Options
    doom969doom969 Member Posts: 304
    Congrats ! Good Job !
    I think you will find that 70-291 is much more interesting to study !

Go get this MCSA
    Doom969
    MCITP (EST - EA ) - MCT
    A+ - IBM - SBSS2K3 - CISCO_SMB
    CompTIA : A+
  • Options
    banderas1978banderas1978 Member Posts: 189
    Well a few hours ago I passed the 70-270 with a 794. I studied 3 weeks using preplogic and the technotes on this site. it)
    Congratulations!
    Ho did you find the exam? Anything suprised you? I have heard that 3 major subjects are Managing Disks, Backup and Permissions. Any good tips for me?
    Thanks

Banderas
  • Options
    KikodeKikode Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Gratz on pass this is the new test I'm studying for then only 2 more till my MCSA. BTW I noticed you still play Battlefront 2 I play occasionally. Haven't been playing as much though because of Team Fortress 2 but whats your nickname on there maybe I've seen you if you play online.
  • Options
    mansoorbughiomansoorbughio Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    All fellow members, today I am very happy to tell you that I have passed my 70-270 exam in first attempt. Now I am a MCP and already registered for the next exam of 70-290, which i will give in next month. anyone know good reading material for this exam let me know. thanks
  • Options
    Nishesh.PrasadNishesh.Prasad Member Posts: 185
    nice job !
    MCITP: EA 2008| VCP4| MCSE 2003 | CCNA | MCSA 2003: Security | MCDST | Security+ | ITILV3
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, be careful what you wish for with the 291! icon_lol.gif

Its a good exam for learning experiance etc. make sure you setup a lab with a few DC's and clients etc.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Kikode,
    On Battlefront, I'm simply 'Aaron'. Although, I've seen another 'Aaron' that wasn't me. So beware of my evil twin, he has turned to the darkside. icon_eek.gif

mansoorbughio,
    Read the technotes on this site, they are very good. Cramsession also offers free study guides. I have always used them both when preparing for exams.

banderas1978,
    go to www.prometric.com and you should be able to find a testing center. I would probably say that yeah, Managing disks, backups and permissions were heavy. Also, know your RIS stuff. Otherwise it's pretty straight forward as far as what's covered on the technotes on this site.

*blows the dust off the old Cisco books* Time to dive into subnetting again. icon_cry.gif 5 years ago I got an A in my Cisco theory and lab classes, so hopefully I'll learn subnetting quickly. I'm definitely not going to rush 70-291 though.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    KikodeKikode Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Cool m8, My name is JediFatPat and Kikode and I usually play on Jedi Academy or OSF. I'll keep my eye out for u (or your evil twin hehe.) Don't worry I'll spawn camp him hard if it turns out not to be u. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    rjbarlowrjbarlow Member Posts: 411
    Very congratz netadmin,

don't play too much, I made that and passed much time to set up my private counter strike server before take 70-270 and finished to postpone it two times. icon_lol.gif
    Play games and take exams are two things irreconcilable.
    Pork 3
    Maindrian's music

WIP: 70-236, 70-293 and MCSE.