Weird unity call forward issue....

mattsthe2mattsthe2 Member Posts: 304
I have a POTS line (we'll say its 111-222-8000) and at the telco they are forwarding this to another number which is 111-222-6120.

In Call Manager i have a dummy phone for 6120 that is set to Forward all to Voicemail.

In unity i have call handler setup with the optional extension as 6120.

When i dial the PSTN number from my cell 111-222-6120, i hear the greeting everything is cool.

However when i dial 111-222-8000 i dont hear the 6120 greeting.

Any help would be greatful

Comments

• hedhrtshedhrts Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What type of pots FXO or PRI?
  • LuckycharmsLuckycharms Member Posts: 267
    Stupid question...*(Do you have the call routing set up correctly in unity??)

are you hearing the default opening call greeting??
    The quality of a book is never equated to the number of words it contains. -- And neither should be a man by the number of certifications or degree's he has earned.
  • hedhrtshedhrts Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    mattsthe2 wrote:
    However when i dial 111-222-8000 i dont hear the 6120 greeting.

When you dial this number, what is happening? Is it hitting the system at all? I don't think you mentioned what type of call treatment this call is recieving.

1. If forwarding is taken off the (dummy)phone, (set up a real one) does it ring the phone
    1a. If the phone isn't ringing, is the call actually getting to the fxo port.

My guess is if it's hitting the system and call display is active, this might play a role in your issue.

1. DNIS
    2. ANI

The more details, the better it is to resolve the issue and find out what piece of the puzzle is missing.