Options

My first MS exam on May 29th

CollectekCollectek Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all,
I will be taking the 70-270 exam on May 29th... As a student we just finished (as a class) the official course textbook--I averaged a 94% after finals. I decided now would be a good time to attempt a cert (especially with the re-take program MS has right now) while everything is semi-fresh in my mind.

I have this entire week off....so I guess I will be doing a lot of studying.... I believe my weakest areas are things that involve domains + of course active Dir. , backups, and mmc (not used to using it much)
An avid Zaurus user :)

Comments

• Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Sounds like your ready, Best of luck.
    Collectek wrote:
    domains + of course active Dir. , backups, and mmc

You will need to know the concept of domains etc and active directory but dont need to much indepth details. What you will need to know in that respect is how XP behaves differently based in a workgroup or domain.

Backups do feature and I recoomend you make sure you know what each type of backup and what it does. Normal, Copy, Incremental etc

I used the official course text book and was fine for this exam.

Do you have much hands on experience? If not grab a copy of Virtual PC and install a few machines. Test out the different types of install options and check through NTFS Permissions.

If you can do all the exercises in the course book you should be set, just dont underestimate this exam as im sure yyou have found theres more to XP than originally thought.

Good Luck!!
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    CollectekCollectek Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for your help Sie,

Unfortunately though, it seems I need to break out virtual pc and prepare for another go-again....
    I failed with a score of 541 icon_cry.gif

I have no hands on experience with domains and I never performed automated installs.
    Guess its back to the books icon_cool.gif

This was a great first experience! Now I have a little better idea of what to expect
    An avid Zaurus user :)