Options

VMWare Server: VM Tools Installation

GoldmemberGoldmember Member Posts: 277
I finally loaded a virtual machine of Windows 2003 which I built from a new virtual machine...

My new problem exists because VMWare Server states that I can only install VMTools with the Guest OS running...

My problem lies in the fact that I cannot activate this evaluation copy of Windows 2003 without network connectivity. Without installing VMTools I cannot get network connectivity, and without the Guest OS running I cannot install VMTools, and without getting past the activation screen I cannot logon to Windows 2003.

Basically I'm stuck at the activation screen because I have no network connectivity and I need to install VMTools!!!

Help!!!

Thanks

Goldmember
CCNA, A+. MCP(70-270. 70-290), Dell SoftSkills

Comments

• Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    You should have 14 days before you need to activate your Eval copy of 2003.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/windowsserver/bb430832.aspx
    Activating the Trial Software
    Q. I have downloaded the 180-day Windows Server 2003 R2 trial software. How many days do I have to activate the software? What will happen if I don't activate it?
    A. After you install the trial software, you have 14 days to activate the product. If you do not activate the product within 14 days of installation, you will not be able to continue your evaluation until you activate it. None of your data will be lost.
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools