Scanstate.exe

Hi,
Scanstate.exe is used during migration to Windows XP. Only to Windows XP?

Thanks,
Banderas

Comments

• wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Scanstate and loadstate are command utility tools for mass movement of files etc. you can use it in a script to move many users "profiles?" on many computers to a centralised location so you can go and format your workstations.

the more home friendly way of doing it us to use the FAST wizard (Files and settings transfer) wizard.

the tool was designed to migrate to XP, but i believe you could use it for other things also, all it does is gather files, program settings etc etc so maybe...
    ~ wedge1988 ~ IdioT Certified~
    MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese
  • banderas1978banderas1978 Member Posts: 189
    wedge1988 wrote:
    Scanstate and loadstate are command utility tools for mass movement of files etc. you can use it in a script to move many users "profiles?" on many computers to a centralised location so you can go and format your workstations.

the more home friendly way of doing it us to use the FAST wizard (Files and settings transfer) wizard.

the tool was designed to migrate to XP, but i believe you could use it for other things also, all it does is gather files, program settings etc etc so maybe...
    Great! Thank you.
  • KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Any idea if FAST or USMT would work better than a third-party utility such as PC transplant? I've had issues with PCT in the past and have never used FAST/USMT.
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
    not sure, ive never used a third party utility before for transferring files and settings, even though microsoft utilities are sound utilities, nothings perfect, i suppose its all down to preference.
    ~ wedge1988 ~ IdioT Certified~
    MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese