Options

No study and almost passed

kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
So I took the 70-270 today and got a 654. I havent studied at all for the test but just wanted to take it and see what it was like before I retake it in a month thanks to the second shot offer. I got 100% in desktop troubleshooting and did well in other areas but could improve for sure. I have bought the microsoft press book and cbt nuggets for it so in a month when I retake it I should get a 900 or higher I hope.

Comments

• Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Good luck, I'm sure you'll nail it next month with a little practice.
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Wow, that's actually pretty good considering you didn't even study. Well you have seen it and know what to expect for next time. Another month should give you plenty of time to study up and pass.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    Well I rescheduled today for the 270 and I am going to take it on june 25th. I am hoping that with the study materials that I bought it will be enough. I just read a newer post of someone who barley passed it using the same materials and the transcender tests. I was close though. It took me about 2 hours to complete the questions cause I read and re-read them and just thought things out logically and I think that I did quite well for not studying. I guess I will see in a month.
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    So I took the 70-270 today and got a 654. I havent studied at all for the test but just wanted to take it and see what it was like before I retake it in a month thanks to the second shot offer. I got 100% in desktop troubleshooting and did well in other areas but could improve for sure. I have bought the microsoft press book and CBT Nuggets for it so in a month when I retake it I should get a 900 or higher I hope.

It happens. Some folks study little for tests and get by. You will be judged by your employer in the field. thats the true test.
  • Options
    Thats the problem. We use windows 2000/xp Pro in a domain but the pdc is linux so i cant do certain things like ris and remote installs. As for windows xp I know more then enough to do what I need at work. The thing that I like about this test and the study materials though is the fact that it goes over GPO's and security policies which I can use here at work. It just sucks cause I have to log in remotely to each computer through mmc and set things up but hey thats how I have to learn.
  • Options
    Thats pretty cool. Are PDC is all text based there is no gui. We are going to setup SWAT soon though so I hope it works with that cause that will be sweet.
  • Options
    I guess if I read all the way through I would see that it says SWAT doesnt work with it.