Options

Sorta Wireless related, passed RFID+ today

Don 79 TADon 79 TA Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
Passed Comptia's RFID+ exam
nice exam, almost had a perfect score, missed one question, which i think is the one i went back and changed icon_sad.gif

I figured since i had some RFID experience, and wireless experience, it would be good to add to my Bio since i have Wireless#, CWNA, and CWSP

3 exams left to achive the MCSE, so i think i will complete them
but i need a break, passed 6 exams this month, and 13 in the last 6 months, i've been SUPER busy

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    Congratz on the pass! icon_thumright.gif

I'm very cautious about changing answers because I've discovered several times that changes I'd made were wrong and my first guess was correct.

And you have some serious $$$ to be taking so many exams in such a short period of time. Are you getting reimbursed through your work? And what have you found to be your best study materials?
  • Options
    some of the exams were paid but most i had to pay for
    i have a personal preference for Sybex books
    so between Sybex, Wikipedia, and google, you can find alot of information

at least for the next MS exams i can get the books from my friend at work, only problem is i hate going through used books that are highlighted already icon_sad.gif
    throws my thinking off

I just wish i didn't wait so long to get these

what made it easy for me, or i should say easier is that i had alot of work related experience
    good and bad in a way, cause i would always look at questions in real life versus text life

worst part about it is,,,,,, trying to find a job now-a-days
    i went from making a nice living, to poverty cause they axed me and went outsourcing
    really sucks for me right now
  • Options
    Don 79 TA wrote:
    worst part about it is,,,,,, trying to find a job now-a-days
    i went from making a nice living, to poverty cause they axed me and went outsourcing
    really sucks for me right now
    This depends if you can move around or not. If you are stuck in one area then you have to find what IT work you can close to home. But if you can move to other places, there are still lots of good IT opportunities out there.
  • Options
    that is true
    i have had some VERY i mean VERY good offers, however since my wife suffers from Asthma really bad the areas would not be good for her, she needs a dry climate

i have my friend at work preparring for the RFID+ exam too
    i said he might as well tap the resources at work to learn

personally it was easy for me with the vast RF experience i have and the hands on
    so i count my blessings there

however it's not difficult if someone is looking for some further knowledge
    should be able to pass the exam and absorb knowledge within a weeks time (reading the RFID+ book)

JD... thanks for the encouragement and words of wisdom, always appreciated
    you are a great coach
  • Options
    Don 79 TA wrote:
    i have had some VERY i mean VERY good offers, however since my wife suffers from Asthma really bad the areas would not be good for her, she needs a dry climate
    Are you in the USA? If so, that restriction limits you to the area from West Texas to Nevada to Southern California, and there's a lot of great IT opportunities in that triangle.
    Don 79 TA wrote:
    i have my friend at work preparring for the RFID+ exam too
    i said he might as well tap the resources at work to learn
    Yes, I agree. If you already have the knowledge and experience in your head, and someone else is willing to pay for at least part of it, then go for it. Certifications are an excellent way to show what you already know.
    Don 79 TA wrote:
    JD... thanks for the encouragement and words of wisdom, always appreciated
    you are a great coach
    Hey, no problem; that's what I'm here for. :)
  • Options
    yes i am in NY right now
    and we are entertaining job offers in AZ, and NM right now
    have a good lead on one in NM and can't wait
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Come on down to Phoenix! Since I'm job searching in my spare non-studying time I see lots of jobs being posted here every day. careerbuilder, craigslist and monster seem to be best with jobing.com being very close behind them for finding jobs around this area.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/