Options

Passed 70-270!!!

wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
I got a score of 778 / 1000 which im ok with ;)

Ill admit that the 270 wasnt an easy exam and nobody with only home knowledge would ever really pass this exam. Id actually say this exam was just as hard as the 290, had a few tricky questions in about security policies and a few hardware questions such as booting.

The exam gave me less time than the 290, which i had over 3 hours for, this exam i only had 2 hours 10 mins to answer 50 questions as the 290 only had 35 and 5 sims???

so bit strange.

anyways, difficulty ratings...

270 - 7.8 / 10

290 - 8 / 10

not far off eh?
~ wedge1988 ~ IdioT Certified~
MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese

Comments

• Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Congratulations on your pass! I thought the 290 was easier than this exam. Maybe I was just more prepared. I especially loved the sims for the 290. I think that they constructed the 270 the way they did to scare people off.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    People under estimate 70-270 sometimes. It was a tough one!

Good job!
    -Daniel
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations
  • Options
    to be fair, the only reason i gave this exam a 7.8 / 10 is because of the experience i have from using it. i thought 290 was slightly harder because i only got into servers about 2 years ago so..

whats the average age of everybody here? is there a poll? im 19 btw...
    MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats!

Yeah, 70-270 is not to be taken lightly. There is A LOT to know and is not easy by any means and dives pretty deep beyond XP's surface. About the same difficulty as 70-290, IMHO.

So is it on to 70-291 for you now? That's what I'm studying now and everyone calls it the 'beast'. I am starting to see why. It's the toughest exam in the MCSA track. You have to learn subnetting.

BTW, I'm 28 so it's good your starting young with your certs. I wish I did.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    Congrats!

Yeah, 70-270 is not to be taken lightly. There is A LOT to know and is not easy by any means and dives pretty deep beyond XP's surface. About the same difficulty as 70-290, IMHO.

So is it on to 70-291 for you now? That's what I'm studying now and everyone calls it the 'beast'. I am starting to see why. It's the toughest exam in the MCSA track. You have to learn subnetting.

BTW, I'm 28 so it's good your starting young with your certs. I wish I did.
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Uh oh, looks like at 28 Alzheimers has hit you already. You just posted that!
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    "undomiel" thats a bit harsh. lol, sorry it is quite funny.

Im not going straight on to the 70-291. I would do, but i want to use my CompTIA exams towards the MCSA as an elective.

i have my A+ which i did before any of the others, that was a money thing really, i got training and the exam pretty much for free (17 when i got it, there are laws to allow free study until 18 in UK)

So im going on to the Network+ next. Its a bit of a change, but it will benefit me in a lot of ways; i want to do the CCNA in the future, after my MCSE. then the CCNP as well maybe a CCIE later like in 10 years lol.

that wont put me off the new MS gen of certs, ill be hot on their trail. Im a firm believer that learning the older stuff first to get to the newer stuff is more beneficial because;

a: you already will know most material for future certs
    b: you gain knowledge you wouldnt from future certs (information)

so the Network+ is next. im hoping i can kill this thing in a few months, it took me 4 months to do 70-270. i know that it will help a lot with the 291 also so its not a waste of time, after my 291 ill be an MCSA so ive organised it all well (i hope!)

thanks for all the support guys, i might not post much here but i read a lot, and its got to be the best place to exchange information ive found on the web!

cheers all!
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass, there's nothing wrong with scoring over 700. The best of luck to you on 70-290, and the exams beyond.

Oh, and I'm ??, going on ???.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    undomiel wrote:
    Uh oh, looks like at 28 Alzheimers has hit you already. You just posted that!

I have to admit, you burned me good! Alzheimers? No, I just like repeating myself to get my point across. LOL.
  • Options
    "Slowhand" ive already done the 290, im doing the N+ now then 291. no worries :)
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    If I where you and having already gone through the N+ I would say by pass that and go for the CCENT which is more complicated and will teach you way more then the N+ when you study for it. I hold the CCENT at a much higher standard then the N+. Just my 2cents.
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Doing the N+ before 70-291 will give you a good understanding of subneting and network basics that you can then build on with 291. Good plan.
  • Options
    Doing the N+ before 70-291 will give you a good understanding of subneting and network basics that you can then build on with 291. Good plan.

Thanks astorrs, i thought it was pretty nifty when i thought about it lol.

"kriscamaro68" thanks for the CCENT input but im going to stick with the N+, mainly because of the 291 and the elective credit it will give me. but hey, maybe ill do the CCENT after the 291! (should be even easier then!)

cheers guys / gals!
  • Options
    leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    congrats!
    Dustin Leefers