PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gaby_978gaby_978 Member Posts: 222
Hey guys

Just got back from taking the test. I am so happy I could say I pass. My score was 933 and i finish with only 2 mins left.

I used the Sybex book. This forum, every practice test i could find and i also have a lab with 5 routers and 1 switch.

On to the CCIP now.

I am going for the CCIP because i work for an ISP. I've been working for the company for 1 year already and i have learned alot since.
‎"If you spend too much time thinking about a thing,
you'll never get it done"

Comments

• eleguaelegua Member Posts: 282
    Congratulations!, nice score. icon_thumright.gif
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

And good luck on the CCIP! Which exam are you starting with?
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • gaby_978gaby_978 Member Posts: 222
    mikej412 wrote:
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

And good luck on the CCIP! Which exam are you starting with?

Still gotta do some research on it. I might start with the BSCI
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations! That's a very impressive score. Good luck with the CCIP studies. I'd recommend going for BSCI exam first, since it's essentially an "extension" of the routing topics you learned for CCNA. . . among quite a few other things.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • aragoen_celtdraaragoen_celtdra Member Posts: 246
    awesome job.. congrats!!!
    CCIE Wr: In Progress...
    Hours CCIE Wr Prep: 309:03:52
    Follow my study progress at Route My World!
    My CCIE Thread
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS on the pass... Update your signature block... you're a CCNA, you've earned it!

~Peanut Head
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Kingmc74Kingmc74 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Woohooo!!!

Congratulations, very nicely done!!
    All the very best on the CCIP path...go get 'em Tiger!!

King MC
  • marco71marco71 Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • kadshahkadshah Member Posts: 388 ■■■□□□□□□□
    very nice score congrats!
    Thank you all for the Congrats and support.
  • leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    congrats
    Dustin Leefers
  • CGN_SpecCGN_Spec Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • mike3mike3 Member Posts: 136
    Have you had former experience with Cisco routers and switches prior to this exam? I ask because I do not and I'm studying with the same material..

gaby_978 wrote:
    Hey guys

Just got back from taking the test. I am so happy I could say I pass. My score was 933 and i finish with only 2 mins left.

I used the Sybex book. This forum, every practice test i could find and i also have a lab with 5 routers and 1 switch.

On to the CCIP now.

I am going for the CCIP because i work for an ISP. I've been working for the company for 1 year already and i have learned alot since.
  • netwaynenetwayne Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nice job, Gaby!

Any words of advice?....I take it on Wednesday.

Thanks!
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats man, great score. good luck on ccip
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    netwayne wrote:
    Any words of advice?
    PASS!!!

Watch the time management. Don't spend more than 10 minutes on a SIM -- if you can't get it in that time all your doing is taking time away from "easier questions."

Make sure you read the questions carefully. And read all the answers. Then read the question AGAIN. Then, and only then, select the correct answer(s). If you don't read the question carefully you may miss something and jump on the "obvious answer" -- but the right answer to the wrong question doesn't give you any points. Plus a methodical approach could help settle your nerves.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    mikej412 wrote:
    netwayne wrote:
    Any words of advice?
    PASS!!!

Watch the time management. Don't spend more than 10 minutes on a SIM -- if you can't get it in that time all your doing is taking time away from "easier questions."

Make sure you read the questions carefully. And read all the answers. Then read the question AGAIN. Then, and only then, select the correct answer(s). If you don't read the question carefully you may miss something and jump on the "obvious answer" -- but the right answer to the wrong question doesn't give you any points. Plus a methodical approach could help settle your nerves.

That's right. I took to much time on the last sim and found myself with 12 mins for the last 7 or 8 questions...
    niter3 wrote:
    Have you had former experience with Cisco routers and switches prior to this exam? I ask because I do not and I'm studying with the same material..

gaby_978 wrote:
    Hey guys

On to the CCIP now.

I had no cisco experience till I started working here. When they hired me I has just finish the Network+ I guess they gave me a chance since they could pay me less then hiring somebody of the streets with experience. ( I already worked for this company but in a different dept ). I took the job anyway cause I wanted the experience. It worked out cause they already made an adjustment on my pay. So total experience with cisco will be 1 year on june 20th....