Options

Job requires cert after employment

2»

Comments

• Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    I personally don't believe bootcamps are an efficient way of learning --especially learning hard topics like MCSE.

Bootcamps have their places....but I agree that they are not a very efficient way of learning. If you already have the core knowledge, a bootcamp can help polish those skills. I attended a CCIE R/S bootcamp to help prepare for my lab. At that point I had already had my NP, DP, and I had passed the written exam for R/S and Security....Even with this..the bootcamp was very intense. They are great to build speed and learn some tweaking here and there...but they are not so great for learning the large amounts of technical information......The info will be coming at you in large amounts...very fast. You will not retain very much if you are using this as your primary learning tool.

Just my thoughts...
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Which traking you take for the core requirements? If you took mainly Visual C.net can I ask is there any good book on the subject. And is it possible or does text book you bought come with evaluation copy of visual C.net?
    And is there any suggestion or hint for following this career path?
    And in itself is the topic more about "programming" or more about using the visual.net product.

Well I didn't do MCSD.net, I did MCSD (i.e. vs6 track). All topics in the track have everything to do with programming. You'll have to take a window core and a web core, and an XML core for MCSD.net together with an elective and a Solution Architecture exam.

I did VB but if you want C, you should take c sharp.

The books you can use along with detailed requirements are all here:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsd/requirementsdotnet.asp

Best Luck
    2lbs.

p.s. please give it at least 3-4 months for best results. icon_wink.gif
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    turtlenodhead.

I've been browsing this forum for a little bit today and I'm bored so I'm goona come out and say it
    I think your full of it. icon_lol.gif You thought you would be cool and be "That Guy" & say you passed some certs in record breaking time by studying for "15 days and now you plan on knocking out every cert in the world day by day!" It wasn't but the other day you said "I have very vague understanding of what IT jobs are."
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4100
    I mean come on its insulting...Just drop it.
  • Options
    turtlenodheadturtlenodhead Inactive Imported Users Posts: 28 ■■□□□□□□□□
    garv221

try not to start/continue any flaming
    my attitude might be a bit disrespectful. sorry
  • Options
    learningITlearningIT Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    lol, yeah, enough of the flaming. icon_lol.gif

Maybe there is something that people here don't understand: Asians are crazy! icon_lol.gif hahahahaha, I can't stop laughing. heehee. I am not saying this to be racist or demeaning. They are very intelligent people! I have always been amazed and impressed with these people. The Chinese children in the 3rd grade know algebra already! Education is extremely emphasized in their culture (basically you're a miserable failure if you don't have the highest marks possible). The average child there is much smarter than your average child here in America. Right now here in America, my generation is very sadly, lazy. icon_lol.gif All they know is that they want to party, go eat something, or hang out. One thing I really admire about the Asians is their work ethic. I would not be surprised if this guy really did study 16 hours a day! I know a friend (Chinese) that read a book (as far as I know), and got his CCNA in a month! He has his own web hosting company and I work with him closely on that (though he has too much on his plate right now because he is so ambitious). Right now he works as a software test engineer at Microsoft. Of course, it is pretty frustrating when these geniuses come over and crush us and take the jobs...But let's just all get along and accept that it's that way. We just have to adapt, and respect these people. I think most of my school friends are Asian, and they pretty much run circles around the average Joe. But once they come to America, it seems that they get dumber. icon_lol.gif

Maybe this guy is dishonest, I don't know. icon_confused.gif: But I think it is possible, but you've got to be someone incredible and very strong willed! I know someone who used braindumps and knows the curriculum well --but they don't have a clue how to apply their knowledge! I'm over there fixing the computers because they didn't know how (they have the A+ and CCNA)! Just overall, you can tell who those people are, when you work with them. They're clueless of what to do, I've seen it ("How do you make a shortcut again?")...and they move the mouse very slowwwwly and hunt and peck when they type. icon_lol.gif I hope no one is offended. :D
    I want to learn to succeed.