Options

So Close so far

tallicaman99tallicaman99 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
Failed with a 675 =(. I felt I gave it my best shot. I felt confident about all my answers. The ones I was unsure of I looked up and were right. I had 5 simulations! I thought I'd only have two or so. :o Hopefully I can sit in another week or two. until then...
barmetallicafanjb1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
    have you got a "second shot free" go?
    ~ wedge1988 ~ IdioT Certified~
    MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese
  • Options
    Yes, I registered for second shot! Hopefully they'll be offering it in the future as well.
    barmetallicafanjb1.jpg
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Ouch, that must hurt. It's good that you have the second shot voucher. What were your weak areas according to the score report? Post up questions here and there are plenty of people willing to help.

I took my test last Thursday and I too had 5 simulations out of a total of 45 questions. There were heaps of performance questions, followed by backup and then permissions. I'd say brush up performance and backup as much as you can, I have a few friends that took their tests within the last week and they all had performance & backup heavily tested.

Take your time on the test. I had answered all questions in 1.5 hours but I reviewed every question thoroughly and was lucky to be able to spot 2 mistakes I had made, one in a sim and the other in a GPO question. I clicked the end test button after about 2.5 hours, and had a very agonising wait of about a minute before the computer was able to spit ot the score.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    I agree. Performance/Backup/GPO/Permissions were all big areas. I prob finished the exam in an 1.5 hours as well. I reviewed all my answers and spotted 1-2 mistakes. My report is pretty much even on all areas. As of now, I have a 50% passing ratio on MS exams =(.
    barmetallicafanjb1.jpg
  • Options
    RATTLERMANRATTLERMAN Member Posts: 151
    I am in the same boat. I feel confident in all topics and i am not having any problems with the sims. i dont know what it is. The questions that give me the most problems are the 'choose all that apply' questions
  • Options
    SanKuKaïSanKuKaï Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That is obviously the most problematic ones. But I don't know how does MS count points for these questions. 1 good tick out of 2 and half point is given?
  • Options
    SanKuKaï wrote:
    That is obviously the most problematic ones. But I don't know how does MS count points for these questions. 1 good tick out of 2 and half point is given?

MS wont give half points for any answer, be it sims or multiple choice ones. Just before you begin the test, in the instructions there is a message saying " Points are given only for the end state of a simulation" . So the same should apply to any other question.

I agree that "Choose all that apply" questions are a bit tricky as you are not able to apply the process of elimination to the answer choices. So you really got to know which ones are right or wrong.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

• Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Sorry to hear but you should be able to nail it next time, brush up on your weak areas and go back and get them.

I have said it before but it always works for me, look at each answer and figure out what each does and then apply it to the question.

IE:

Answer: A - Boil the egg for 10 mins and remove from water.
    This will produce a hard boiled egg, is this what the question was asking?

Daft example but you get the idea.

If you can determine what the end result of the answers will be you will know whats wrong and why.
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    That very well explains what you got to do, Sie!

But you know how tricky some answer choices are, just the one word difference between two answers makes the big difference between full points and no points. My advice, read the freaking answer choices well, MS loves to have people sit the test again!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

• Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    I definitely have some experience with that one MobilOne. There's usually a word or two in the question that completely changes the meaning but there is also sometimes a word in the answers that changes the meaning too! There were a couple of questions on the 270 & 291 that I had marked for review and while reviewing them I noticed I had misread one of the answers that completely changed its meaning i.e. the answer says that you UNchecked such-and-such box while I had originally misread it as you had checked the box. It makes a world of a difference. These tests are a study in reading comprehension if anything.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    undomiel wrote:
    I definitely have some experience with that one MobilOne. There's usually a word or two in the question that completely changes the meaning but there is also sometimes a word in the answers that changes the meaning too! There were a couple of questions on the 270 & 291 that I had marked for review and while reviewing them I noticed I had misread one of the answers that completely changed its meaning i.e. the answer says that you UNchecked such-and-such box while I had originally misread it as you had checked the box. It makes a world of a difference. These tests are a study in reading comprehension if anything.

Full agree with you! Sometimes, the MS exams resemble the GRE or the Graduate Record Examination in the way you got to scrutinise words to pick out the correct answer between 2 or 3 answer choices that seem correct.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

• Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Maybe we should produce some Techexams.net exam guides for MS exams on how to understand the questions and answers cause that can be half the battle at times!!
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    Sie wrote:
    Maybe we should produce some Techexams.net exam guides for MS exams on how to understand the questions and answers cause that can be half the battle at times!!

That's actually a good idea!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..