Options

I have N+ S+ and passed 290 and 291. Do I do 270 or 620?

zuczekzuczek Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have N+ S+ and passed 290 and 291. Do I do 270 or 620? If I do the 620 I would get MCSA 2003 and that new MCTS right?

Comments

• Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    You should do the one you have the most experience with. If it's a toss up I would do 620.

Yes if you do 620 you will get both an MCSA on Windows 2003 (your A+ and N+ will count as the elective - Server+ can't be used) and an MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration.
  • Options
    zuczekzuczek Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    astorrs wrote:
    You should do the one you have the most experience with. If it's a toss up I would do 620.

Yes if you do 620 you will get both an MCSA on Windows 2003 (your A+ and N+ will count as the elective - Server+ can't be used) and an MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration.

Thanks. Server+ can be used as well..

Here is a quote from Ms website.

To receive an elective credit toward the MCSA certification, candidates must earn the CompTIA A+ credential and either the CompTIA Network+ credential or the CompTIA Server+ credential. Alternatively, candidates can earn the CompTIA Security+ credential.
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I stand corrected (thanks), so you can use your A+ & S+ if you want. Good to know.
  • Options
    Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□

XP will be a thing of the past soon enough. Vista exam format is more straightforward.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
  • Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    Completely agree, go 620. You can then use that for MCITP: Server Administrator or Enterprise Administrator as well.
    Good luck to all!