Options

do you need HELP with recomendations for 291?..Here you go

fredcomputerfredcomputer Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,
I just passed my 291 exam today with 905 after failing 2 weeks ago with 676, i made mistakes BUT I shall learn from them....so here is some advice so you will bypass my mistakes and score a passing number on your exam ...
so here is ALL you need to know to PASS 291:

1) READ MS PRESS 291 Second Edition (Read at LEAST 2x)
2) use a lab. I used vmware 2 beta on Linux to run (2) Server2003 computers and 1 Xp computer ( by combining this and the 1st step above your chances of failing will be close to none)
3) Go to microsft website and read articles on dns,dchp,RRAS, IPSEC, most of them are troubleshooting oriented which is just what you need for an extra boost of knowledge for the exam.

MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND THE SUBJECTS IF NOT ASK YOUR TEACHER (google ).BUT DONT STAY IN DOUBT.

- The test had 3 questiosn on subnetting. ( I must admit I was confused on the subnetting section of the MSPRESS so I recommend you also look for extra tutorials on line)

I also used TestOut and Sybex book but I feel I could've done with out them no problem if I subtitued them for 1 more review on the MS PRESS 2nd Edition. PLUS the sybex book had so many mistakes ...

NOW i will start on 293 but does anyone have suggestions on what BOOKS I should use for that?

Thanks

Fred :D
Mission Impossible: MCSE 2003

Comments

• Options
    leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    congrats....

you know you have your MCSA now right?
    Dustin Leefers
  • Options
    leefdaddy wrote:
    congrats....

you know you have your MCSA now right?

Thank You!!.. I acomplished something really cool.... and yeah I am MCSA, and starting today that is what my new resume shows as well..icon_smile.gif

Fred
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great advice fred, congrats on your pass. icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats fred, excellent advice; and yes, the subnetting section in MSpress was terrible I used other sources too.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    www.subnettingquestions.com has been a huge help for teaching me how to subnet
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Congratualtions! Well done Mr MCSA!
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    Sie wrote:
    Congratualtions! Well done Mr MCSA!

Thanks . what can I say Im a happy man! icon_smile.gif

Fred
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good on ya! icon_thumright.gif
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass, one of the main topic iin 293 is Clustering/Certificates...