Options

ccna fail

ccnacheckccnacheck Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I failed ccna with a mark of 775. I am really worried. I cldnt finish the exam on time. Also I obviously made a mistake in a sim question which gave me only 70% of the marks for that section. My confidence is really battered. How much more questions shld I have done to have passed this?

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Check out some of the suggestions in this thread -- even though that was for the CCENT, the suggestions work just the same for the single CCNA exam option.
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=34720

Use multiply books to study -- preferably the ones suggested in the CCNA FAQ. Use Odom's Cisco Press CCNA Certification Library AND the Sybex CCNA Study Guide 6th Edition.

If you like Videos/CBTs -- CBTNuggets or TrainSignal have good "bang for the buck"

You need hands-on practice to help you understand and remember the material. Cisco exams are more than memorizing a few facts and configuration. If you don't have access to real hardware (school or work) and don't want to build a home lab (which is the best) then you can try the Boson CCNA Simulator. Dynamips/Dynagen is great for routing (if you have access to a supported IOS image) but weak on switching. GNS3 is the graphical interface for Dynamips/Dynaget that sucks down computer resources but is good for people who can't edit a simple text file. There is a link in the CCNA FAQ to an SDM demo -- if you don't have access to a real router that supports SDM (or Dynamips) then it's better than nothing.

Also check out the CCNA FAQ for the link to the CCNA Prep Center and other helpful links. The links for subnetting are also in there ( www.learntosubnet.com and www.subnettingquestions.com ).

Time Management is important for the exam. If you can't get a SIM in 10 minutes then you probably didn't do enough hands on practice, and taking more time porbably won't help and takes away time from the "easy questions." This is usually part of the "last minute advice" before the exam.....
    mikej412 wrote:
    netwayne wrote:
    Any words of advice?
    PASS!!!

Watch the time management. Don't spend more than 10 minutes on a SIM -- if you can't get it in that time all your doing is taking time away from "easier questions."

Make sure you read the questions carefully. And read all the answers. Then read the question AGAIN. Then, and only then, select the correct answer(s). If you don't read the question carefully you may miss something and jump on the "obvious answer" -- but the right answer to the wrong question doesn't give you any points. Plus a methodical approach could help settle your nerves.
    mikej412 wrote:
    Check out the advice in this thread
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=34798

Also check out the CCNA FAQ -- the link to the Exam Tutorial should be in there. If you go through it now, you can use that time to jot down any notes (or emergency backup subnetting chart) during the pre-exam time you get to go through the tutorial. Same with the Cisco NDA -- read it now and use that time to jot down even more notes -- or jump into the exam that much quicker.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    bone_matalebone_matale Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What you mark is telling you is that you dont kno your stuff proper!!!! if you failed the SIM's then you need to spend more time practicing wat you learn!!!!!

i failed the first time cause of the SIM's spent more time practicing and registered a pass!!!!

nothin beats hard work and dedication

gud luck

and you can do it!!!!! icon_wink.gif
    Anything is possible wit a lil Hard work
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    keep your head up man, get more practice in and you'll be OK
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    mike3mike3 Member Posts: 136
    Hey don't feel bad I'm in the same boat as you dude. I've been pretty down on myself but it's time to start picking up and practicing those labs!
  • Options
    netwaynenetwayne Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I had a similar first score and was rushed for time, too. Be more aware next time around of the clock. See if you can recall what the sim or sims were that gave you trouble and try to get them down on paper so you can take the time to figure them out offline.

Keep your chin up. You will get it.