Options

Failed with a 677!

HotRodHamesHotRodHames Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well, I took the 70-270 this past Saturday and failed with a 677. I took advantage of the "second shot" voucher, which is a blessing and a curse, because you go in there knowing that you have another chance should you fail, and that makes you not give it 100%, but it also gives you a chance to see what the test is really like. Believe me, I really did want to pass on the first try, but I was pressed for time, since the second shot offer ran out on May 31st. I used a combination of the CBT Nuggets videos and the practice tests on this website and with the Sybex book. They were good, but I feel that they didn't cover enough. A good resource that I came across on technet's website, the windows xp pro resource kit (technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsxp/bb264775.aspx) really goes in-depth with xp pro. I will be studying the areas where I was weak, and hope to do the retake by June 28th. Then it's on to Security+!

Comments

• Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    I wouldn't feel bad failing the 70-270, especially if you were pressing for time. 70-270 takes a lot of people by surprise. Most people just think 'windows XP? how hard can that be....' and just skim through the readings. The test however goes pretty deep into XP, especially the attended and unattended installs and whatnot.

If you would have gotten 2-3 more question right, I think that would have pushed up over 700. So your close, very close. You have 24 days till your next scheduled test, I'd say study at least 15 mins a day, if not 30 mins and you should walk into the exam confident and walk out an MCP.

Good luck later this month.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    HotRodHamesHotRodHames Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks NetAdmin2436 for the pick-me-up! I think that's a good idea to study 15-30 min a day until the test. That way, I don't feel like I'm trying to study too much at one time. In the past, I would study for 3-4 hours at a time. I would get sleepy and couldn't concentrate. I definitely plan on passing this time!
  • Options
    MarleyMarlMarleyMarl Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I failed 70-270 the first time I took it (654), I rushed abit as it took them like 1.5 hours to get the exam working :< so by the time it came to take the exam, I just wanted to leave.

But I did some study and took it yesterday and passed with 952!
  • Options
    TryntotechitTryntotechit Member Posts: 108
    You nailed it this time. It's over now. I know the sigh of relief. Congrats. icon_thumright.gif
    Taking 70-294 very soon...again
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Dont get to disheartened, its not an easy test.

Take it as part of your studying and brush up on your weak areas and head back and nail it.

Good Luck!

Any questions ask away :D
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools