Options

Time before exam starts?

jdogg737jdogg737 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Anyone know how much, or if it is even limited how much time I might have to write out mental notes prior to actually starting the exam? My exam is scheduled for tomorrow and would like to be as prepared as possible :D Any info would help, thanks.

Comments

• Options
    wheelywheely Member Posts: 105
    Once they give you your little dry erase board you can put as many notes as you want before you actually start the test. Obviously you can't right anything down straight out of a book or anything just what you have in memory.
  • Options
    jcblesterjcblester Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the CCENT today and remembered reading on the sheet that you have to sign before the test that you could not start writing stuff out until you start the test. I could be wrong about his, but I am pretty sure that is what I read.
    Somtimes you're the bug and sometimes you're the widshield.
  • Options
    StoticStotic Member Posts: 248
    Some test sites are pretty lax on this
  • Options
    jcblesterjcblester Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thats true! she did not sit over me until I started the test or anything, so I could have sat there and wrote out what I needed before I started the test. As it turns out I did not write anything down. I passed so it did not hurt me too bad.
    Somtimes you're the bug and sometimes you're the widshield.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I think there is a count down clock up in the corner of the Certification Exam Tutorial and maybe even the Non-Disclosure. I remember one of them might have been 15 minutes.... but it's been a while.

Check out the CCNA FAQ for the links to the Exam Tutorial and the Cisco NDA. If you go through both of them tonight then you'll have all that time to use to put what you want on your dry erase board -- or you could just jump to the exam that much sooner :D

Good Luck! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    lildeezullildeezul Member Posts: 404
    doesnt the exam have like a tutorial about the types of questions on the exam.

you could use this time to write down what you need
    NHSCA National All-American Wrestler 135lb
  • Options
    Soha|LSoha|L Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    whn i went there for the xam, the testing centre guy didnt leave my desk till the tutorial started...

so i couldnt write anything on tht erasable board...

well y would one write anything?? if u have got tht in ur memory...u should b confident enough tht u wont forget those important points icon_lol.gif
    soha|L
  • Options
    sohailq wrote:
    u should b confident enough tht u wont forget those important points
    Some people "crack" under the pressure of the exam icon_lol.gif

Even if they don't ever use their subnetting chart, it's still nice to have for backup -- just in case.
  • Options
    Soha|LSoha|L Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    yea u r rit, theres no harm in havin a backup icon_lol.gif
    soha|L
  • Options
    drunken_smilie.gif Celebrating? Or drunken_smilie.gif commiserating?

Do we have a result? :D