Options

PASSED CCENT!!!

jcblesterjcblester Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
Man what a weight off the shoulders! I Passed with 844. It was a tough test and I honestly did not think it was going in my favor (never do). It was great to see "Congradulations" when I was done.

They did me really dirty! Two of my last five questions were a Sim and Simlet. At that point I had nine minutes to complete the test and finished with about 30 secs. left.

Thanks for all the help I received from TechExams.net. It was invaluable!!
Somtimes you're the bug and sometimes you're the widshield.

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations, sounds like you went right down to the wire. How long do you plan on celebrating drunken_smilie.gif before going on to ICND2, if at all?

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass man,

Any advice for me because i want to take this test in the summer?
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    gaby_978gaby_978 Member Posts: 222
    Congratulations....Good work
    ‎"If you spend too much time thinking about a thing,
    you'll never get it done"
  • Options
    I plan on starting ICND2 Monday. My advice would be to really know how data moves through the network. You have to know subnetting to even have a chance at the sims and some MC. I can emphasise enought about knowing what show commands to use and what info you get from each one.[/quote]
  • Options
    aragoen_celtdraaragoen_celtdra Member Posts: 246
    Nice job!

Your test version seems similar to the one I had. I also had 2 sims for the last 5 questions. In fact, I never got to the last 2 before my time expired. Thank goodness I did just enough to pass.
    Good luck on ICND2
    CCIE Wr: In Progress...
    Hours CCIE Wr Prep: 309:03:52
    Follow my study progress at Route My World!
    My CCIE Thread
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    jcblester wrote:
    Two of my last five questions were a Sim and Simlet. At that point I had nine minutes to complete the test and finished with about 30 secs. left.
    That's why we stress time management as being important during the exam -- gotta keep an eye on the clock and do some quick planning at the beginning.

But this is also a good example of why you don't want to spend more than 10 minutes on a SIM icon_lol.gif 9 minutes remaining minus 10 minutes working on a SIM would have equaled no points scored for 1 SIM, 1 Simlet, and 3 questions.

If you can't get the SIM in 10 minutes, you probably won't -- and you lose time for the remaining "easy questions."

And if you know what you're doing (or even admit defeat faster) then it takes a lot less than 10 minutes. " icon_thumright.gif

You got your time management under control for the ICND1 exam end game, but if you're going to make it in the big leagues (ICND2 for the CCNA) then you're going to need your time management game working for the entire exam. You'll probably want to add some extra laps around your lab hardware (or simulator) for the ICND2 exam -- and maybe add some repetitions at www.subnettingquestions.com so you can pick up some time on the easy subnetting questions you get on the exam. :D

A few drunken_smilie.gif will help slow down your pounding heart so you can get back to icon_study.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulatons for passing!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats and good luck with ICND2 icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    kahnkahn Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations mate for passing your CCENT!!
    and good luck for your CCNA :)
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!!

Man, that's no good on the last minute sims! I took my ICND1 on 5/19 - I was feeling the crunch towards the end of the exam, but luckily my last 8 questions were not sims. Finished the test w/12 minutes left - 974/1000.

I will say that even though I ended up with a favorable score, the sims were much more time consuming than I anticipated.
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Well done mate!!! Spend a bit more time on your labs for ICND2 and you should have the time management thing under control......

Good luck with ICND2 and hopefully see you soon in the CCNP forums :)

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • Options
    Mikej, Thanks for the advice and thanks for the Congrads from everyone!
  • Options
    dpsdps Member Posts: 116
    Well done!
    Congratulations! :D
    Focused and Steady.
  • Options
    DaPunnisherDaPunnisher Member Posts: 108