Passed 70-271, but was surprised.

Tony@29Tony@29 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Let me just say hello to all and thank you for such a great forum. I finaly got around to taking the 70-271 on May 31 and was surprised at the questions I had. Most questions where on VPN, TCP/IP and server administration, I had maybe five questions on file sharing. I used Measure Up as my training material and was scoring 900's on practice exams, scored 790 on the real exam icon_cry.gif. Did anyone else have the same experience as I did? This exam was nothing like the study material in Measure Up.

Thanks

Comments

• bogdan5bogdan5 Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Welcome to technet forums and good job on your first MS exam.

I would have to agree with you on type of questions I had when I took the test couple months ago. It was mostly VPN and TCP/IP. The funny part is that when I started the test I could not believe that I was getting questions on topics that I didn't really study as much as I should have.

Is 70-272 next? What are other tests that you are planing on taking in the future.
    Going for:N+, MCSA/MCSE.
  • Tony@29Tony@29 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi bogdan5,

That was the same thing running through my head as I was taking the exam. I had to look in the upper corner a few times to make sure it was 70-271. I started to sweat half way through but I knew enough about VPN connections and configuration to wing it. I advise anyone taking this exam to study up on VPN... Hitting 271 in a month and on to MCSA.
  • slayer3slayer3 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I had several on VPN's and remote administration, but I had about 15 on laptop type questions which really surpriesed me.
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    bogdan5 wrote:
    Welcome to technet forums and good job on your first MS exam.

I would have to agree with you on type of questions I had when I took the test couple months ago. It was mostly VPN and TCP/IP. The funny part is that when I started the test I could not believe that I was getting questions on topics that I didn't really study as much as I should have.

Is 70-272 next? What are other tests that you are planing on taking in the future.

hmm
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • bleScreenedbleScreened Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Tony@29 wrote:
    Let me just say hello to all and thank you for such a great forum. I finaly got around to taking the 70-271 on May 31 and was surprised at the questions I had. Most questions where on VPN, TCP/IP and server administration, I had maybe five questions on file sharing. I used Measure Up as my training material and was scoring 900's on practice exams, scored 790 on the real exam icon_cry.gif. Did anyone else have the same experience as I did? This exam was nothing like the study material in Measure Up.

Thanks

That seems to be a common thread about the MeasureUps. I just passed the 70-290 and was scoring 90s with MeasureUp. However MeasureUp failed to convey some of the ultra detailed questions that I got on my exam. Luckily I was able to get through it based on the overall knowledge I have on Server 2003. I won't be buying MeasureUp anymore, it's too easy compared to the actual exam.
    Working on MCSE 2003 and B.S. in Networking