No More Delay

timharpurtimharpur Inactive Imported Users Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well, I appreciate this forum being added. I had hoped for a little more feedback and postings from others doing this cert., but I guess it's not very common yet.

Going ahead with writing on next Monday. Despite the level of difficulty associated with the other certs. that I've already completed, this cert. is the first one I don't feel confident about passing. Oh well, I'll give it my best shot.

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I had hoped for a little more feedback and postings from others doing this cert., but I guess it's not very common yet.
    Me too...

What did you use to prepare for the exam? Could you find any practice questions?

Good luck! The passing score is 'only' 499, so even when you don't feel entirely confident, you should have a good chance of passing.
  • timharpurtimharpur Inactive Imported Users Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used SYBEX's IT Project+ as the primary study manual and Self Test Software 's 2004 IT Project+ test and flash cards. I usually use Transcenders for the practice tests, but they don't have a version for the IT Project+ at this time.

The one thing that raises my confidence though is the passing score... as you pointed out it has a relatively low (63%) pass requirement.
  • lsealslseals Member Posts: 240
    Good luck, this will be the next one I sit for, how did you like the Sybex books? I have used them for every other cert so far and like them, any help would be appreciated.
    24 Hours in a day...24 Beers in a case...Coincidence?
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck on the exam.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
    Thanks... wrote and passed (just barely with a 583 - 499 is a pass).

I found this exam to be the worst for BEST CASE senarios out of all the CompTIA exams I've written. There were many questions in which it was possible to reduce to 2 or 3 good answers, but only one was CompTIA's MOST appropriate action. I think the questions on this exam are very subjective.

The SYBEX book was good, although the version I had was for 2001 objectives and the exam has been changed (as of March 31, 2004) to the new 2003 objectives. That of course didn't help, as about 25% of the questions I had to use educated guesses since they used terms not covered by either SYBEX or the practice exam.

Now back to more technical hands-on stuff... time for LINUX+ icon_twisted.gif
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congratulations!

Another addition to your CompTIA certs collection :D

...apart from that, did you learn much from preparing for the exam? Do you think it is useful for others?
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I know this is to late to help, but Sybex has 2(?) chapters of its new Project+ available for free as pdfs. Find the book on their website and to the right you will see a link.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats, timharpur!

Best of luck on Linux+!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
    Studying for this cert was a little helpful in better understanding what is considered best practices in formulating and managing a project (and in particular, what a company exec is looking for in a project manager). It also won't hurt with job oportunites now that I can show that I understand (at least to some extent) how to manage (small) projects. In the end, if a team leader is needed and it's between me and another tech (who doesn't have PM experience), odds are I'll between the one leading.

Go for every cert you can... even if it only helps a little... they all add up. (and CompTIA certs are good for life)
  • sharpescaladesharpescalade Inactive Imported Users Posts: 29 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I agree 100%
    Compaq Accredited Professional ~ HP Systems Engineer ~ CompTIA A+ ~ CompTIA Network+ ~ CompTIA i-Net+ ~ CompTIA HTI+ ~ CompTIA Project+ ~ CompTIA Security+ ~ INTEL Certified Solutions Provider
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats! Thanx for the info, I've been looking at this cert for a while, still not sure, but a future possibility.
    i remain, he who remains to be....