Options

Failed BCMSN :(

ziggyziggy Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
icon_cry.gif I don't believe it. I failed BCMSN with a 742.

I took the academy training and passed with an A at the local college. And then studied and studied for a solid two days prior to writing the exam. WOW is there ever a lot of questions on Wireless. (I won't get into details.....rules icon_wink.gif )

That it is just crazy to the depth you need to know wireless. BCMSN should concentrate a whole lot more on the switching ya know 3550 stuff. Who know's maybe I just had a bad batch of questions. Maybe next week when I rewrite, I won't get so many on wireless.

Yup, another crack at it next week. I have to pass next week, my CCNA expires in two weeks. OUCH and I do not want to write that one over.

Anyway, I had to rant, my damn confidence is totally shot.

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    ziggy wrote:
    Anyway, I had to rant, my damn confidence is totally shot.
    One of my classmates from the CCNA Academy who "kept up with me" and averaged 96% to my 99% -- took the CCNP Academy courses. She was the top student in her CCNP academy courses -- yet she had to take 2 of the CCNP exams twice.

Go drink some beer. drunken_smilie.gif Rage about the inhumanity of it all! icon_evil.gif

Then suck it up and drive on! (Old US Army Infantry saying). Hit the books icon_study.gif and smack that puppy down! Now you know what to expect -- hit the BCMSN Exam Blueprint and be prepared for anything in there.

Don't underestimate Wireless. If you get hit by wireless again, you want wireless to be saying "say what" when you get out of the exam. Hold what you got on this exam, and take what you didn't next time. icon_twisted.gif

If it was easy, everyone would be doing it. icon_cool.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    ziggyziggy Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the encouragement :) I did just that.....kicked the hell out of wireless.

PASSED........

and drank some beer icon_cool.gif

For all those out there ready to challenge the BCMSN, it sure the hell ain't about a switch. It is about everything and anything layer 2, including and specializing on security and mitigation. Wired and wireless. WOW, now I actually think I know something about layer 2.

good luck to all
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on pummeling those wireless questions into submission. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. What are you working on next?
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    ziggy wrote:
    PASSED........
    Congratulations on a great excuse to drink beer on a weeknight!! drunken_smilie.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats! The exam does insure you know every topic on the blue print that for sure!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Congratz on the pass!! :)

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats! I felt that the BCMSN portion of the composite was the harder of the two due to the wireless. I think it should be either its own test or dropped from the CCNP. It seems rather out of place tossed into the BCMSN.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats!! and it seems like you really wana drink mike? :) Celebratory beers are definitely in order!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."