Options

ipv6 cash in now while you can!!!!

itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
Holy crap. I have been studying ipv6 and I was looking up courses in google
and man did I find hundreds of people cashing in on ipv6 conversions holy crap.

okay guys master ipv6 and then get hooked up with a internet 2 broker and bam
cash in now...looks to be the hotest thing on the market. Push the complexities of
ipv6 and push the scare the crap out of businesses! (Y2k tactics) that they they will be crippled if they don't have your services implementing ipv6. holy crap are people cashing in on this...me to sign me up!

I think I will start a lemonade stand and start selling lemonade and then slip people flyers on ipv6 scare yeahaaaaaaaaaaaa $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$..

show me the money this is my ticket to getting debt free it could be yours toooooo!
icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Comments

• Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    People said the same thing in '96, they're still waiting to get rich.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    It will be a very long time before IPv6 will be in general usage. The benefits of switching to IPv6 just don't warrant the work required to migrate currently. Maybe when we're totally out of all public IP addresses then we'll switch...
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    itdaddy wrote:
    Holy crap. I have been studying ipv6 and I was looking up courses in google
    and man did I find hundreds of people cashing in on ipv6 conversions holy crap.

okay guys master ipv6 and then get hooked up with a internet 2 broker and bam
    cash in now...looks to be the hotest thing on the market. Push the complexities of
    ipv6 and push the scare the crap out of businesses! (Y2k tactics) that they they will be crippled if they don't have your services implementing ipv6. holy crap are people cashing in on this...me to sign me up!

I think I will start a lemonade stand and start selling lemonade and then slip people flyers on ipv6 scare yeahaaaaaaaaaaaa $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$..

show me the money this is my ticket to getting debt free it could be yours toooooo!
    icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

It's a cert requirement for now. There is some 'work' going on.
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Subscribe to the NANOG list and see how much IPV6 comes up. Not a whole lot, other than "you better have a plan ready in the next 3-4 years." Specializing in IPv6 is a good thing for the future but for now, stuff like voice and security are in higher demand.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    I agree dudes, I was just laughing at how many people are pushing the scare just like Y2k issue.

I recently had a IPV6 broker how me his site. Which was cool and gave me the configs
    to config my 2610 router to access internet 2(ipv6). I am going to do for myself to have some fun and gain some experience doing it. What is great is you can do it for your home. You can actually access the INTERNET2 (ipv6) with your home cisco router using special configs.
    of course your router IOS has to support ipv6 addresses but this year before year end i plan on doing it and then posting how I did it on my blog. looks fun! but I couldnt believe how many sites are really getting into it to teach and say spend money kknow get ready before it hits.
    Very interesting though.

;)
    get ready! hee hee
    icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    You sure you had access to Internet 2 or do you mean IPv6 over the regular Internet?
  • Options
    LBC90805LBC90805 Member Posts: 247
    No such thing as a seperate new network called "Internet2"

Internet2 is not a separate physical network and will not replace the Internet. Internet2 brings together institutions and resources from academia, industry and government to develop new technologies and capabilities that can then be deployed in the global Internet.

Quoted from http://www.internet2.edu/about/faq.html
  • Options
    sorry so slow in getting back to you. They call it Internet 2 is the buzz word. No it is not
    a separate physical internet. I did not say (don't think I said separate physical) separate
    physical network. It is a logical separation. You use an IPv6 broker and you have to
    configure you router to tunnel to the broker and there are IPv6 DNS servers or really IPS setup for IPV6 using IPV6 translators of the sort. I am new to it but I will be setting my home to access both Internet1 (IPV4) and Internet2 (IPV6) they are two diferent worlds you can access logically. You cannot access IPV6 world without configuring through a IPV6 broker and configs on your bridgehead router. It is cool. I am almost done configuring it on my home system...
    then My router will be able to route IPV6 address as well as IPV6 thus Internet2 (just a buzz word) do google search on it! :D
  • Options
    darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    itdaddy wrote:
    You cannot access IPV6 world without configuring through a IPV6 broker and configs on your bridgehead router.

Teredo Tunneling? 6to4?
  • Options
    darkerosxx

yeah that is the term 6 to 4 translation...on router gateways....yeah, but that iswhat I mean,
    i am just getting into it because i want to be savvy on IPV6 and the 6to4 translation gateways.
    but it is something cool! thansk alot!
  • Options
    darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    It is cool! Good luck with it. Come back here and share your wealth of knowledge when you become a guru!! :D
  • Options
    If anyone has plans for the CCIE you have to become relatively proficient with IPv6 also. It's a core part of my studies.
    pbosworth@gmail.com
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    This is probably quite an ignorant question, but what are the major challenges with IPv6?

I haven't done anything with it, so I'm sort of baffled when I hear others speak about it's complexity.

Is it simply interoperability with IPv4, or is there more to it than that?
  • Options
    1. It has a lot of new features that require considerations that are different from v4
    2. Interfacing ipv4 and ipv6 is a challenge
    3. It is rather "wild wild west" right now in that few people are using it in production. Those that are using it are the pioneers and are tasked with fixing their own problems for the most part.
    4. Money.
    pbosworth@gmail.com
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Paul Boz wrote:
    If anyone has plans for the CCIE you have to become relatively proficient with IPv6 also. It's a core part of my studies.

I second that! icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Paul Boz wrote:
    1. It has a lot of new features that require considerations that are different from v4
    2. Interfacing ipv4 and ipv6 is a challenge
    3. It is rather "wild wild west" right now in that few people are using it in production. Those that are using it are the pioneers and are tasked with fixing their own problems for the most part.
    4. Money.

5. If you know it and the other guy doesn't, it makes you look more intelligent! icon_wink.gif:)
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

5. If you know it and the other guy doesn't, it makes you look more intelligent

very true; knowledge is power today; those who have the knowledge have the power.

It is like creating problems and then getting paid big bucks to solve those issues.
    What the world is made of! haha

I just think it is cool and yeah once I do it I will post what I did on my blog.
    step by step i will out line it on my blog. And I wil be doing it after I pass my CCNA in August ;)
  • Options
    http://technet2.microsoft.com/windowsserver/en/library/1512cdf6-fe3b-41de-a5c3-87dbd35d94a41033.mspx?pf=true

what I found on microsoft site it is pretty good.... will follow with more later..[/quote]
  • Options
    IPv6 is pretty much non existant out there. It is mostly a media frenzy at the moment with little backing by ISPs around the world. Some have moved their internal networks to IPv6 but the vast majority haven't done a thing.

Percentage of ASN with IPv6 BGP announcements 3%
    Percentage of Internet2 sites with passing IPv6 grade 1%
    Percentage of Alexa Top 500 websites using IPv6 0.4%
    IPv6 DNS queries as percentage of IPv4 DNS load 0.2%
    IPv6 as a percentage of all Internet traffic 0.002%
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    ipv6 adoption is slowly coming. I was very interested to find out that Comcast had to deploy ip6 on their internal network because they actually managed to run themselves out of RFC1918 space. I'd say we're still about a decade away from full blown adoption, though it really depends on the technology advances between now and then. Once the Tier 1's get off their rearends and start pushing it, it'll only be a matter of time